Review: MAC "Blankety" Lipstick + SWATCHES

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in "Blankety"


I recently turned in my first Back To Mac Products for my first MAC lipstick! Normally these lipsticks retail for $16 a piece at MAC counters, in-stores, and online at macosmetics.com.


MAC has by far the largest selection of lipsticks in their permanent range I have ever seen! Plus they have a pleasant vanilla scent!


Let's get in to the review!









Product


I picked up the shade "Blankety" from the Amplified Creme finish line. This shade is a light pinky nude shade perfect for those of us who have an NC20 skin tone or fairer, but any skin tone can wear this, even the darkest of shades. 


The shade reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in "Fairest Nude".


This lipstick is very easy to apply to the lips, it's creamy enough that it does not tug on the lips or emphasize fine lines or make the lips look dry.  


The color is almost completely opaque on the lips, but not so opaque that your natural lip color doesn't show through. The color isn't patchy or streaky like I find most nude lipsticks to be. Here are some swatches on my lips.









Performance


The longevity of this shade is very good. I noticed the color starting to fade after about 3 hours and was in need of a touch up after 4 hours.The color wears down evenly across the lips. I don't notice the center of my lips completely gone of lipstick. 


And unlike most drugstore lipsticks lately, this doesn't break me out around my lips!



Overall


Definitely pick up this shade if you are new to lipsticks or need a shade that will go with anything! This color is perfect for everyday. They're also paraben-free! I highly recommend it!


NEED IT!
4.75/5






Comments