Products Not Worth the Hype

These products, in my opinion, did just not live up to the hype that a lot of people had built it up to be. These products disappointed me and I wouldn't spend my money on them ever again. It ranges from high end to drugstore.



1. Physician's Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls

A lot of youtubers have recently raved about this. I've been using it for well over a year, and yes at first the top has the beautiful glow, but that's just an overspray, and doesn't last through the rest of the product. I also found this doesn't stay on my skin or is noticeable after only a couple of hours. I've tried to use it up but I might just through the rest away. Don't buy it, for almost $14, it's just not worth it. However, the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Powders do last longer and pack a little more color.

"Translucent"
Mineral Glow Pearls

Physician's Formula


2. MAC eye pencil in "smolder"

I've heard many beauty gurus and youtubers mention this eyeliner as a staple MAC product. In fact, it was one of the first MAC products I ever bought. But, having oily skin and very oily eye lids, this transfers so badly onto my face I never want to use it! For $16, there are far better options for me to use in my water line. I've found that gel liners work the best, and the Maybelline Gel Liner is only about $8-$10 at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and Ulta.




3. Benefit High Beam Highlighter

 I received this as part of a Sephora Favorites kit a year ago. After one use I knew I hated it. It didn't show up on my skin at all! It was very thin, but it was easy to apply. The full size retails for $26 at Sephora. Don't buy it, try a powder or stick highlighter before this one. I'm glad I got a small sample size rather than the full size or I would have never used it.




4. EOS Lip Balm

I admit it, I got sucked into the hype of the EOS lip balm and its adorable packaging. I purchased mine at Ulta years ago, and it took me almost the whole 2 years to use it up! It didn't do a thing for moisturizing my lips, and it wasn't easy to store with the rest of my makeup because of its large size. This retails for about $3 at most stores including Walmart, Ulta, and Target. I'd recommend going with the traditional Carmex. It may not smell the prettiest, but it'll get the job done, and done well and only costs between $1-2 at most stores.

Comments