Natural Skin Care Suggestions


Over the last 6 months I have been trying to get my oily, acne prone, and very sensitive skin under control. And using natural products was the route I decided to take. Here are a few of my suggestions if you want to try the natural route, or if you don't want to spend $$$ on skin care.



1. Skip the fancy toner!

For years I used the Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying lotion(not a lotion, its a toner), and it retails for about $15. Instead, all you really need is Witch Hazel. And don't be sucked into buying fancy witch hazel. The generic kind will do just fine, and will do the exact same thing. And the best part, it only costs about $2-3 at most stores!


2. Load up on the natural oils!

For a facial cleanser, I have tried them all, Neutrogena, Proactiv, Clean & Clear, Clearasil, you name it. For a while now, I have been using my own concoction of grapeseed oil, castor oil, and lemon oil. I'll be doing a post on the exact recipe soon. But for a cleanser, using the oil method is the best way to go. For those with sensitive or oily skin, I recommend grapeseed oil and jojoba oil, and those with dry skin, I recommend good old fashion olive oil. I find most of these oils at GNC.


3. Skip expensive lotions for those fine lines!

I recently switched over from the Burt's Bees Sensitive eye cream to a much more nourishing oil. If you have fine lines around your eyes give Coconut oil a try. It's a multi use product, but rubbing this product around your eyes at night will lessen the visibility of fine lines. I found 100% Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for $10 at my local Walmart.





Comments