100% Organic Hair Mask

Hair masks are not essential for hair care, but for me, I have damaged and dry hair from highlighting, so I need some extra love and conditioning for the ends of my hair.

However, hair masks can be very costly and can have lots of added chemicals and parabens that aren't good for your hair. I have found that using Coconut Oil as a hair mask adds a lot of moisture and leaves your hair incredibly soft!

  • Take a bit of the Coconut Oil, I use Walmart's Spring Valley Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  • Rub the solid in your hands to heat it up into an oil form
  • Rub the oil to the dry or damaged parts of your hair
  • If you have long hair I recommend tying it up into a loose bun
  • Leave the oil in for an extended period of time, I try for 8-12 hours
  • Rinse the oil thoroughly from your hair with shampoo

The Spring Valley Organic Coconut Oil from Walmart is 12 oz, which will last you FOREVER, and retails for around $9.98. Walmart also sells the Spectrum Naturals: Organic Coconut Oil which is 14 oz and retails for around $6.98. Both are great options. 

While coconut oil will soften brittle or dry hair, it is not a repairing mask



Comments