REVIEW | Batiste Hint of Colour Dark & Deep Brown Dry Shampoo


Batiste Dry Shampoo


Dry shampoos are a relatively new concept to hair care. It can be used for adding volume to your hair or removing the excess oils from the roots of your hair. I use it for removing excess oil on day 2 or 3 hair when the oil is noticeable.


This retails for around $8.99 at WalgreensUlta, and other stores that carry Batiste. 


Let's get in to the review!





I've tried a few different kinds of dry shampoos, and all of them have left a white cast on my hair. When Igo to brush it out the white flakes still remained and it looked like I had dandruff. Not a look I want. So I searched for one marketed for brunettes. The Batiste line carries a few different kinds of dry shampoos and the Dark & Deep Brown is for brunettes, like me. 


This dry shampoo has a dark brown tint to it, so instead of drying to a white finish it dries to brown. The full size comes with 6.73 oz of product, a large amount compared to others on the market. 


However, this spray, the brown color got EVERYWHERE! After attempting to get the front ends of my hair near my face, even getting a little on my face made a huge mess! And while brushing it out, the color got everywhere on my things and on my hands. After brushing, my hair felt sticky and I couldn't run my fingers through it without them catching and getting my fingers dirty from the brown tint. 


While this dry shampoo did remove the excess oil from my hair, didn't leave any white flakes or cast in hair, and I love the finish it gave to my hair, I HATE it! The fact is that I cannot use it without getting the brown tint on everything, including my face. I had to fix my makeup and clean off my brush and it's just too messy. There was no noticeable scent to the spray. I will be returning this to Ulta. 


LEAVE IT
1/5





Comments