Review: LaVanila Healthy Deodorant in "Pure Vanilla"

In my quest to eliminate parabens from my makeup collection, I also decided I wanted to go the natural route with my deodorant; no aluminum, no parabens, etc. I've tried a few; Toms of Maine, Arm and Hammer Naturals, and thus far this is the only one I would recommend trying!



LaVanila Healthy Deodorant


The LaVanila Healthy Deodorant retails for $14 in-stores and online at Sephora, Lavanila.com, and various other websites that carry LaVanila Products. It comes with 2 oz of product for the full size. I ran out of the travel size quickly, so hopefully the 2 oz lasts a long time. There are 7 scents available, the one I have and will be reviewing for you today is the scent "Pure Vanilla".


LaVanila Laboratories The Healthy Deodorant is a solid deodorant encased in a sturdy plastic tube, the cap twists off and you twist the product up from the bottom. It's a white powder but I don't find it transfers to my clothing or stains them. I won't get into the scientific benefits from this deodorant and why it's a much better option that traditional ones, but to sum it up, LaVanila says this deodorant is "100% Natural, Nourishing, No Parabens, No Aluminum".



The name of this scent, "Pure Vanilla" is sort of deceiving, it doesn't smell like vanilla. This scent has a strong floral scent, which makes sense because two of the notes are honeysuckle and freesia. I don't mind it, but if you can't stand a floral scent, try one of the other scents. I find the scent lingers and stays fresh for about 5 hours or so. On me, that's an incredible staying power! Natural deodorant or not! I do need to reapply after about 4 hours just to stay fresh.


I don't find this irritates my skin or leaving any staining to my underarms. Now, this is not an antiperspirant, so it wont help with sweating, but we're people, we're supposed to sweat. If you're in a hot or humid environment, this probably will not keep you fresh smelling for very long.


Overall, the price is a little high but to me the long term benefits are worth it! The scent will not be for everyone, the Vanilla Coconut scent is my favorite! If you're still a little hesitant to try it, try the travel sizes that are available for $8. The longevity could be better, but it's better than the Tom's of Maine and Crystal Deodorants.

 I highly recommend giving the LaVanila Healthy Deodorants a try! I just wish they were available in store locally so I didn't have to pay shipping costs every time I run out.


NEED IT!
3.75/5


Comments