Review | Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara


I recently received the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara in the mail and I wanted to give you guys my first impressions and what I think of it!


This mascara will retail for $22 (0.4 oz) and will be available at UltaSephora, and the Urban Decay Website.


Let's get in to the review!





The packaging is very sleek and beautiful! It's a dark gunmetal grey with a mirrored finish. The print is a light medium purple.


And it's paraben-free!


Firstly, I normally only wear waterproof formula mascaras, typically because they hold a curl better and they don't transfer or smudge onto my eyelid. As far as I know, this mascara is only available in the non waterproof formula.


Let's talk about the mascara wand itself. It is a cylindrical shape much like the L'Oreal Voluminous in shape and in size. It's not too big or too long on my eyes, and considering I have small eyes, that's saying something. It's not an hourglass shape like the Almay Get Up and Grow, but is similar with their thick bristles.






The formula of the mascara is fairly buildable. I didn't find that it clumped after 2 coats. But any more than 2 coats on your lashed and the mascara can tend to clump your eyelashes together and look bad. But being a non waterproof mascara, right after curling my lashes and then applying this mascara, my lashes fell flat. I curled them again and they stayed decently curled.


I experienced zero flaking from wearing this mascara all day! Usually with mascaras I experience some black spots under my eyes at around the 9 hour mark, I noticed a little bit after about 10 hours.


I wasn't wowed with this mascara. It did give my eye lashes more definition and more length than say the Almay Get Up & Grow, but it clung my lashes together. And for volume, it basically did nothing. It was just ok, nothing I would rave about or repurchase.



L to R: No Mascara, 2 Coats of Perversion Mascara



I noticed that while wearing this mascara my eyes were very sore and sensitive. Then my vision got blurry due to the mascara getting onto my contacts. It burned so badly after a while that I absolutely had to take off my eye makeup and remove my contacts. This is the only thing I changed in my eye makeup routine, so it had to be the culprit.


If you have sensitive eyes, stay away from this! It caused mine to burn badly after wearing it for 4 to 5 hours.


LEAVE IT!
2.0/5





Comments