Review: Essence Longlasting Lipstick in "Nude Love" + Swatches

The new Essence Longlasting Lipsticks have just landed at Ulta for Fall 2014! I'm always looking for a good drugstore nude lipstick so I thought I would pick up the lightest shade 11 "Nude Love" and review it for you guys!



These lipsticks retail for $2.99 in-store and online at Ulta, and also online at essence.com. They are the same price as the already available lipsticks from Essence.

There are 10 shades available. Ranging from the nude you see here to berries and deep reds. One downside to the line is that most of the shades are a pink or berry color. Each lipstick comes in a sleek little black tube with a stripe in the center identifying the colors. The packaging is a huge improvement when compared to the other lipsticks!

When swatching the other shades on my hand at Ulta I noticed almost all of them had great color payoff. A couple had some streakiness, but none had chunky glitter or were completely unwearable.

The shade I picked up, "Nude Love" is a light nude beige with a hint of pink. This is the lightest shade available and is one of two nudes available in the line. The color was sheer and had to be built up quite a bit on my lips, however my lips are naturally quite pigmented.




The formula glided on very easily and smoothly onto my lips, however, it emphasized the slightest dry patch on my lips, so be sure to exfoliate before applying this shade! This shade was quite patchy and streaky on my lips, so be sure to wear a lip liner underneath this shade.

It was a very slippery texture which made the longevity of the color shorter.I noticed I needed to reapply the lipstick after about 2 hours.




Overall, these lipsticks are just ok in my book. They're not the worst formula from the drugstore and for the $2.99 price tag, it's worth checking out the deeper shades, skip this nude shade. While it looked good on initial application, it didn't last long and the color was a little patchy. And as an added bonus, they're paraben-free!


LEAVE IT!
3.0/5

Comments