Review: Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation

Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation

I recently picked up Maybelline's newest foundation, the Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation. This foundation retails for around $8.99 to $9.99 at mass retailers and in-stores and ulta.com.

This foundation is marketed as a light weight, natural looking foundation with an undetectable coverage.

The packaging is a sleek hourglass shaped glass bottle and comes with 0.67 ounces of product, much less than the standard 1 ounce size of foundations. The dropper applicator actually came in handy when applying this foundation to my face.


Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch in "Porcelain Ivory"


I picked up the lightest shade "Porcelain Ivory". There are a total of 12 shades available. I have a MAC NC20 skin tone, so I am typically one of the lightest shades. If you have very fair skin, this is the shade for you. If you have an NC/NW25, go with the 2nd lightest shade "Ivory" and so on. This foundation runs light, if you have a very deep skin tone, this foundation may not have a shade match for you.

Now for the claims. I absolutely agree this is a very natural looking foundation is nearly undetectable on the skin. I can touch my finger to my face and I can't even feel the foundation! It doesn't leave a dry matte finish or a dewy look, just a very natural finish.

This formula does have a Broad Spectrum SPF of 20, so if you are taking a lot of pictures, be aware this may because some flashback.

The texture is very liquidy, so I would not recommend using a sponge or Beauty Blender to apply this foundation, it will just soak up all the product. But I found it blended in very easy despite the liquidy texture. Because of the liquid texture, shake the bottle before applying it to your face.




I found this foundation actually had really good coverage. I'd say a solid medium buildable coverage. If you have blemishes or spots you need to cover up, you will still need a concealer.

The foundation is very long wearing! I was able to wear this foundation for 12 to 13 hours without touch ups and it still looked flawless! I have oily skin and it did very well for oil control as well, I didn't need to touch up until about 6 hours.


Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation


I highly recommend this foundation for just about everyone! From oily to dry skin, young or mature skin, I think its worth giving a shot! If you have very prominent acne scarring, this may not be enough coverage for you. Plus, it's paraben-free! It's an amazing drugstore foundation, the only downside is that I wish it just had a tiny bit more coverage,


NEED IT!
4.75/5

** UPDATE This foundation did cause me to break out with acne, so if you have sensitive skin, be cautious. Still an excellent foundation.

Comments