Review: Rimmel Rockin Curves Mascara

Rimmel Rockin Curves Mascara

I recently received the Rimmel Rockin Curves Mascara from Rimmel and I was eager to try it out! This new mascara from Rimmel retails for around $5.99 at Ulta and mass retailers.

The packaging is a very cute red and black tube with snake skin detail. So cute! The brush, as you can see from the pictures below, is a very unique wand. It curves like a half shape of a heart. The brush is wider at the base and tapers in at the tip. The bristles also taper down in size down the brush.






The mascara comes in two shades, the shade I have, Black, and Extreme Black. There is no waterproof formula at this time. The Black shade isn't as intense as I would like. It added very subtle definition to my eyes.

Because my lashes are extremely stubborn and short, the non-waterproof formula made them fall flat as a pancake, even after I curled them. The mascara added subtle definition to my lashes but didn't add much volume or length.

On the first coat, the lashes looked quite natural and not clumpy. But applying the second coat, I noticed my lashes started clumping together and I couldn't build up the volume or length on my lashes.

Rockin Curves Mascara
2 Coats

Rimmel

However, it did not flake or smear on my face. It also did not irritate my eyes. So those of us with sensitive eyes, it won't burn. Plus, it's paraben-free!

If you're in the market for a subtle everyday look, this may be for you. For me, it just wasn't enough definition or drama. I need something that is going to make my lashes stand out! I'd recommend Almay's Get Up and Grow mascara as an alternative.


LEAVE IT!
3.0/5



Comments