Review: Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten Baked Cheek Color in "Boysenberry"

Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten Baked Cheek Color


I recently picked up the Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten Baked Cheek Color in "Boysenberry" for myself for Christmas. I've heard amazing things about Laura Geller's face products so I thought I would finally try out one of her blushes! I found this shade on clearance at Ulta for $13.97, however these blushes normally retail for $27.50 online at laurageller.com and Ulta (The shade Boysenberry is no longer carried at Ulta).


The blushes come with 0.176 ounces of product, so you will likely never go through an entire one of these for a very long time. The compacts are a very sturdy hard black plastic. Very sleek, especially when storing. The blushes are made in Italy.





The shade here, "Boysenberry" is a gorgeous muted berry mauve shade that doesn't have any sheen or sparkle! The color is swirled with shades of light pink, berry, and brown. Because it is a baked powder, the blush is a dome shape, not just a flat powder. The color is very pigmented, even just one swipe of the blush onto your brush is all you need!







The texture of the blush is very smooth and soft. I noticed very little powder kick up when tapping my brush to the powder.

As far as lasting power, this formula is very good. I didn't notice fading until about the 7 hour mark. The blush doesn't become splotchy or patchy as it wears down.



As seen in the picture below, I applied the blush to the top back of my cheeks for a subtle amount of color. It's a perfect shade to go with just about look, day or night, and it blends very easily on top of foundations and bronzers.

The color shows up very neutral and muted down on my skin tone. I think every skin tone from very fair to medium deep would be able to wear this, the only skin tone it may not show up on is the very deep skin tones, instead go for something deeper in tone, more berry.


"Boysenberry"
Blush-n-Brighten Baked Cheek Color

Laura Geller


"Boysenberry"
Blush-n-Brighten Baked Cheek Color

Laura Geller


"Boysenberry" Applied to the Cheeks


What also really impressed me about these blushes and why I'll be keeping it, is that they not break me out and they are paraben-free!


If you're in the market for a new high end blush for every day, definitely check out this shade! The quality is amazing, and the color will suit just about everyone, except the deepest of skin tones. If you love a little sheen and sparkle, check out Laura Geller's other blush shades. Definitely worth giving a shot!


NEED IT!
4.75/5


Comments