Review: NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation


NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
Source: Sephora


I was able to grab a couple of sample shades of the NEW NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation from Sephora recently. I wasn't sure of my perfect shade in the NARS line, so I picked up Siberia and Deauville, two of the lighter neutral undertone shades.

The NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation retails for $48 at Sephora and the NARS Website.


Keep reading to find out my thoughts and review of the new NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation.


There are 20 shades in total, so a great color range. The shade I found best suited my skin tone is Siberia. It is the third lightest shade with a neutral undertone. For reference, I'm a MAC NC20 and 1N1 in Estee Lauder foundations.


The All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (wow, what a mouth full) claims to be

"An oil-free foundation that delivers full, natural-looking coverage with one drop, for lightweight, 16-hour wear." 


1 Hour Mark
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation



Let's start with how this foundation applies to the skin. I found the formula was on the thinner side. Similar to the consistency of the Estee Lauder Double Wear, but a little bit thinner. It was very easy to blend out onto the face with a buffing brush.


It doesn't look heavy or cakey on the skin. So yes, I do agree with the natural-looking claim.


The foundation, despite having luminous in the name, sets to a matte finish. As the day goes on, the luminous finish becomes more apparent.


While I do find it covered my acne spots ok, I would say the coverage was more medium build-able than full. I still needed a concealer for my under eyes and for my acne scars.


If you have dry skin, I don't think the matte finish will suit you, and if you have oily skin, the foundation does set to a matte finish but it does not help control oil so it breaks down very easily.



Now for the longevity. This was a big disappointment. For a foundation that claims to last 16 hours, on me the foundation lasted about 6 hours before it started breaking apart on my chin and around my nose. So the "All Day" claim on this was a fail.


On the plus side, the foundation is oil-free, and it did not break me out. Plus, it's paraben-free!


Overall, while it does look more natural on the skin that say the Estee Lauder Double Wear or L'Oreal Pro Matte Foundation, it breaks down after about 6 hours. For $48 I would not recommend this one. If you're looking for a long wearing foundation, trying the Estee Lauder Double Wear, or if you need something less matte if you have dry skin, try the Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation.


LEAVE IT!
3.0/5

Comments