Review: StriVectin Intensive Illuminating Serum

StriVectin Intensive Illuminating Serum


I recently received a deluxe sample size of the new StriVectin Intensive Illuminating Serum from work. The full size is 1 fl ounce and retails for $89 at Ulta and the StriVectin Website


The serum is formulated to enhance the skin for a "brighter, more even complexion, diminish dullness and intensify luminosity, minimize the look of spots and discoloration, and restore skin texture for a soother, more radiant appearance."


Is is worth the $89? Let's get into the review.

The serum is a 1 fl ounce and comes in a sleek but sturdy plastic bottle with a pump. I find that one pump is all you need to cover the face.


The product itself is a creamy but not heavy fluid serum. The serum itself is not colored. It blends very easily into the skin and does not leave a greasy feeling on the skin. I recommend using this first after cleansing the skin and before your moisturizer. 


Unlike a lot of serums and masks, this doesn't have any offensive or intense smell. And, it doesn't have a tacky texture.



Let's talk about the claims it makes to improve the skin's appearance. After using this serum for 4 weeks I noticed three things: my fresh acne scarring had diminished, my overall complexion had brightened and was more even, the texture of my cystic acne scarring had become smoother.

My acne scarring wasn't 100% cleared up, but it certainly helped heal the scars quicker. The major improvement I noticed was the dark hyper-pigmentation spots above my lip and below my nose, which is normally orangey and quite noticeable, has become much less prominent.



Overall, I wouldn't say this provided an illuminated complexion or intensified luminosity. But to improve, brighten, and correct your overall complexion, it certainly lives up to the $89 price tag! Plus, it's paraben-free! If you're having trouble with dark spots or an uneven complexion, definitely save up your money and give this serum a try!


NEED IT!
4.5/5



Comments