Review: OPI Nail Polish in "Miss Piggy's Big Number"

OPI "Miss Piggy's Big Number"

I picked up OPI's "Miss Piggy's Big Number" nail polish during a Buy One Get Two Free Sale (Check out the details for these sales HERE), and I finally got a chance to try it on!


This shade is from the OPI 2014 Muppets Most Wanted Collection. These polishes retail for around $9 (0.5 fl oz) at mass locations and are available year round.


Let's get in to the review!


"Miss Piggy's Big Number" is a metallic dark blue with fine micro shimmer. The color has a slight purple shift. The color appears lighter on the nails than it does in the bottle.





The formula of this shade is perfect. It's not too thin or too thick, it looks very smooth and shiny on the nails. One coat is almost completely opaque, but I decided to paint two coats to obtain the intense blue color you see in the pictures. 


With two coats there were no streaks, clumps, or patchiness.



Miss Piggy's Big Number
OPI
(Flash)


Miss Piggy's Big Number
OPI
(Flash)


Miss Piggy's Big Number
OPI
(Natural Light)

In terms of longevity, it's about average. I get the same standard 4 days without chipping as I do with other OPI polishes. For me, 4 days is good staying power, not horrible but not spectacular. Keep in mind I do use a base and top coat.


I have received many compliments when I wore this shade to work. The bright blue color pops against my skintone and the metallic finish looks absolutely gorgeous in the sunshine! 


Overall, the great formula and the amazing color make this shade one of my favorites from OPI. It will be perfect for the upcoming Summer season! I do wish the staying power was just a little better but it's staying power is the standard 4 days of wear for me, so I won't complain. 


NEED IT!
4.5/5


Comments