Best & Worst Aluminum Free Deodorants

Best & Worst Aluminum Free Deodorants


I have been on the hunt for the perfect aluminum free deodorant for years now. I have tried out quite a few, some are good, some are down right terrible. 


I won't get in to all the science behind why going aluminum free is healthier for you. If you're interested in finding out more about that, just do a quick google search on "aluminum in deodorant". 


Here is a breakdown of the aluminum free deodorants I've tried, which ones I would pass on, and ones I would absolutely purchase again!



Crystal Body Deodorant Roll-On 

This retails for around $4 (2.25 fl oz) at Ulta, mass locations, and the Crystal Website. This deodorant claims to "prevent body odor by creating an invisible Protective barrier against odor-causing bacteria. It is non-sticky, non-staining, leaves no white residue". While this does not have Aluminum Chlorohydrate, this does contain Potassium Aluminum, a "Natural Mineral Salt".

This deodorant is a liquid roll-on formula with no scent. I absolutely hate this product. It does nothing for odor control. I noticed within an hour odor starting to come through. While it does not stain your clothing or leave white marks, it doesn't help protect against body odor.

LEAVE IT!


Crystal Roll-On Deodorant



Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Deodorant

This retails for around $4.99 (2.25 oz) at mass retailers and the Tom's of Maine Website. This version here is the men's formulation in the scent, Mountain Spring. This scent isn't too manly and has a nice refreshing scent to it. I find the men's formulation has longer odor protection than the women's formulation. 

This deodorant is just ok. I find it helps control odor for about 3 to 4 hours. Once I reapplied, the scent would linger for about another hour or two and the body odor would come back. The constant need to reapply and wash my underarms at the end of the day is the reason I would not recommend these. I have found better ones, as you will see.

LEAVE IT!



Tom's of Main Long Lasting Deodorant





Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

This retails for $14 (2 oz) in-store and online at Sephora and the Lavanila Website.  This deodorant is available in 9 scents. The one I have here is the scent, Vanilla Coconut, which is personally my favorite scent. If you love summery coconut scents, you'll love this! This deodorant is made without petrochemicals, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oils, silicone, synthetic dyes, sulfates, or parabens, and is aluminum free.

I have mixed feelings about this deodorant. I do love the scents they come in, and the as far as controlling body odor, this lasts about 5 hours. I can reapply this and it will help control odor for another 3 or 4 hours. For $14, I wouldn't say you absolutely need this. It does a good job, but I won't be repurchasing this as I have found ones I like better.

NEED/LEAVE IT!


Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant



Nubian Heritage 24 Hour All Natural Deodorant

This retails for around $7.99 (2.25 oz) in-store at natural food and health care stores and the Nubian Heritage Website. I purchased this from my local food co-op. This deodorant is available in 4 scents, I have the scent Coconut & Papaya. This is by far my favorite scent! It's the warmest summery coconut scent I have ever tried! It reminds me of summer! This is formulated without aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens, triclosan, silicones, and is cruelty free. 

I absolutely love this deodorant! I've only been using it for about a week, but I have already fallen in love with it! It controls body odor for about 7 to 8 hours before needing a touch up. After reapplying, the coconut scent lasts the rest of the day. For $7.99, it lasts longer than Tom's of Maine and Lavanila, and it's cheaper. It's quickly become my favorite for everyday.

NEED IT!



Nubian Heritage 24 Hour All Natural Deodorant



Lavilin 72 Hour Plus Deodorant Stick 

This retails for around $17 (2 oz) through Amazon. This deodorant is from the Israeli brand Hlavin Lavilin. The deodorant claims to prevent odors for up to 72 hours, and is water resistant, aluminum free and alcohol free. Now, this is not a natural or organic deodorant, like the ones I've previously mentioned. but it is perfect if you really need odor control!

The scent I have here is called Red. It's a warm kinda spicy scent, but isn't too strong or noticeable when you put it on. There is one other scent called Blue. They do say that it will take a few days for your body to adjust to the deodorant and prevent body odor.  For me, it took about 3 or 4 days to kick in. But after that, I noticed this would help prevent odor for about 12 hours. I only needed to apply this deodorant once during the day! If you're in a humid or hot environment, you NEED to try this! It's my favorite aluminum free deodorant for odor control.

NEED IT!



Lavilin 72+ Hours Red Deodorant

Comments

Unknown said…
I need someone to recommend the best product among those listed on this site?
Natural Sweetheart