Review: Exuviance OptiLight Essential 6 Serum

Exuviance OptiLight Essential 6 Serum
Exuviance OptiLight Essential 6 Serum


I have really focused on improving my complexion these last few months. I was recently received the Exuviance OptiLight Essential 6 Serum. This serum retails for $72 (1 fl oz) in-store and online at Ulta.


This serum claims to be the answer for your dark spots and uneven complexion problems. But is it worth the $72?


Let's get in to the review!



Let's start off with the packaging. The serum comes in a nice small green glass bottle with a pump, always a plus!


The actual serum is a clear color, but is not sticky or heavy feeling what-so-ever. It doesn't have an offensive smell or added fragrance, and it blends into the skin very easily and doesn't leave any film or added texture to the skin, perfectly fine to wear under makeup.


The OptiLight Essential 6 Serum claims that it:

"minimizes the appearance of problem dark spots brought on by aging and overexposure to the elements" as well as "break up and reduce the visible intensity of existing darker pigmented areas, and discourages new spots from forming".







I don't spend a lot of time in the sun, so my sun damage is pretty minimal. However, I do have uneven texture and darker pigmentation around my nose. My main issue with my complexion is the redness and post-acne scars.


After using this serum twice a day, I can say that this serum  does live up to it's claims!


I noticed right away that this does help reduce the appearance of new and old acne scars. I would assume it will work about the same for sun spots, I cannot say for sure as I do not have any sun spots.


As far as brightening and battling uneven pigmentation, I can say this did brighten up the darker areas of my complexion from sun exposure and from acne scars. I will have to keep using this to see if the discoloration goes away completely.


In the past I had used the StriVectin Intensive Illuminating Serum, full review HERE. Both serums claim to help improve discoloration and brighten the complexion. While I loved that one, the Exuviance OptiLight Essential 6 is more fast acting, and actually helps prevent and treat post-acne scars.


Overall, this serum helps brighten an uneven complexion and helps to treat both sun spots and post-acne marks! If you have either of these problems, definitely save up and pick up this serum! Serums are of much higher concentration than creams and lotion, which make them the best option for improving whatever skin issue you may have.


NEED IT!
5/5

Comments