Review: Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength Review
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength


I have been trying out some organic skincare lately, and working at Ulta, I have been able to try Juice Beauty.  My co-worker recommended trying the Green Apple Peel Full Strength which claims to exfoliate and brighten your skin.

This retails for $45 (2 fl oz) in-store and online at Ulta, and the Juice Beauty Website.


For those of you not familiar with the brand, Juice Beauty formulates their skincare and beauty products with certified organic ingredients and no parabens. Because it's available at Ulta, it's much easier to try out these products before purchasing, unlike ordering from online retailers.


With a higher price tag, is it worth the money? Let's get in to the review!


The Green Apple Peel Full Strength claims to:

"Exfoliate with our patented, bestselling, potent alpha and beta hydroxy acid peel that delivers spa-grade exfoliation, revealing a brighter complexion and reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation for optimum age defy results."



Claims


Let's start off with the packaging. The peel comes in a glass jar with a twist off lid. It's pretty heavy, so not the most travel friendly. But it is absolutely adorable to have out on a vanity.


The peel itself is an off white beige color with a noticeable smell. It's not an offensive smell, but if you are put off by smells, Juice Beauty is not the brand for you. The smell is a natural herbally citrus scent.


The formula is very thin, almost like water, so be careful not to tip over the jar. You need very little of the product each time you use it, barely a dime sized amount.





Disclaimer now, if you have sensitive skin or rosacea prone skin, stop right now. The alpha and beta hydroxy acids are too intense for your skin type. Instead, try their Green Apple Peel Sensitive.


I apply this right after cleansing my skin and before moisturizing. They recommend using this product at night, but I've used it morning and night. I apply a thin layer of the peel on my entire face. I noticed a tingling sensation on my face for about 1 minute after applying the peel. It's not painful and the more you use the peel, the less intense the tingling feels.


I leave the peel on for about 15 minutes, they recommend 5 minutes for you first use, and then upgrading to 10 to 15 minutes, 1 to 2 times per week. I've used it 3 times per week and haven't noticed any problems doing that.


Now, I don't have severe signs of aging. But I do have highly acne prone and oily skin with pigmentation issues.

In terms of helping treat signs of aging, I have noticed the texture of my skin is much softer and smoother after using this. I don't have severe wrinkles so I can't attest to the reducing of fine lies and wrinkles.

What I love most about this peel is its exfoliating properties! It rids my skin of the excess dead skin and cleans my pores! After a long day of wearing makeup, I always use this to help clear out my pores and prevent acne from forming.


Overall, my skin does look noticeably glowing and just healthier after using this product! If you have acne prone skin, if you have dull skin, if you have aging skin, you NEED this! While most exfliators are harsh and too abrasive for the skin, this uses a chemical, not physical, peel to expose a brighter and healthier complexion! Plus, it's made with organic ingredients!


NEED IT!
5/5

Comments