Review: Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Nightly Brightening Pads

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Nightly Brightening Pads


I recently received a travel size of the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Nightly Brightening Pads, and I could not wait to give them a try and tell you guys all about them! Since I have been pushing myself towards a more natural skincare routine, Juice Beauty has become a favorite of mine in my skincare routine.


The full size of these pads retail for $45 (60 pads) and are available in-store and online at Ulta, and the Juice Beauty Website.


So how do they measure up? Let's get in to the review!



Juice Beauty claims that these pads:


"Brighten, smooth and tone while reducing the appearance of dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles. These luxurious, eco-friendly bamboo pads are saturated with antioxidant-rich organic fruit acids to brighten while extracts of algae, Vitamin B3 and hyaluronic acid reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation for optimum age-defying results."



Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Nightly Brightening Pads



As with the rest of the Juice Beauty line, the pads are made without parabens, petroleum, propylene or butylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances, and are cruelty free.


NOTE: This line does contain strong hydroxy fruit acids, so it is NOT recommended for sensitive skin types!


The pads are your basic white cotton round, but thinner than your average Target brand cotton rounds. The full size comes in a sturdy twist off top glass jar.


The one complaint I have about the pads are the size. I wish the size was bigger, I found myself constantly fixing it because it would fold over onto itself when applying it to my face.


It does not leave a stinging or tingling feeling on the skin after application. It does have a sour citrus-like scent, but the scent does not linger on the skin. It did not leave my skin feeling dry or dehydrated like many pads I have tried previously.


Being that they are "Nightly" peels, I can say that I have used them both morning and night and did not experience any problems with it.


As far as brightening my complexion and reducing dark spots, I can't really say it helped achieve that. It did leave my skin feeling clean on nights when I did not want to do my full skincare routine and just needed a quick cleaning, but as far as helping with discoloration and pigmentation, I did not notice any improvement.



Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Nightly Brightening Pads



The one product from the Green Apple line that I would say does really help with brightening and improving your complexion is the Green Apple Peel Full Strength, check out my full review HERE.


If you're in the market for a skincare product to take with you for travel or for overnight trips where you don't have the time to do your full skincare routine, this is a good option to go for.


If you have problematic/acne prone skin, mature skin, or have hyperpigmentation, I think you will love this line from Juice Beauty, just maybe not this exact product.


Overall, while these are a very convenient product to use when you're just not in the mood to do a peel or fully clean your skin, it did not do anything special and I did not see any improvement in the texture or appearance in my skin after using these. The small size of the pads makes them difficult to work with, and for $45, I would recommend getting the Full Strength Peel or one of the Juice Beauty cleansers over these. Simply, they did not live up to their claims.


LEAVE IT!
3/5

Comments