Review: Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara


Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara


Stila launched several new products for Fall 2015, including a brand new mascara. The Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara claims to give your lashes the deepest black color while giving you your biggest lashes yet.


This retails for $23 (0.44 oz), and is available in-store and online at Ulta, Sephora, and the Stila Website


Let's get in to the review!




Stila claims this mascara gives:


"...the biggest, boldest, blackest black lashes ever! With just one coat, you instantly get major volume, length, curl, lift and intense black color.  Go as bold as you want! Even with multiple coats, this flexible, buildable formula leaves lashes soft with no clumps, flakes, or fall out."







The packaging.


The mascara comes in a beautiful gold mascara tube. The mascara wand is an hourglass shape with the bristles evenly spaced around the wand. The size isn't overly large. I have a small hooded eye shape, and I did get mascara on my eyelids while applying this, so just be careful when applying it. The shape is almost identical to the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.



Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara



The formula.


The formula of the Huge Extreme Lash is on the wet side. It took several minutes for two coats of mascara to dry completely on my eyelashes. The big negative I have about this mascara is that it only comes in one standard black formula, there is no waterproof option.


On a more positive note, there are no fibers or lash extensions in this formula to irritate or bother your eyes. 


Bold, black lashes?


I absolutely agree. This mascara will make your lashes look dark, defined, and bring attention to your eyes and make them stand out. If you have small, short, or barely there lashes, but what them to be bold and intense, you'll love this.


Major volume, lift, and curl?


Eh, not so much. After applying two coats of this mascara, I was able to achieve a decent amount of volume and curl. The look that came out was flirty, slightly clumpy, voluminous lashes.



Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara, 2 Coats



My lashes have a problem staying curled and upright without a waterproof mascara. If you typically wear a regular, non-waterproof formula, you will see more volume than those who wear waterproof on a daily basis. Also, I was not able to re-curl my lashes once I applied this mascara.


Longevity.


Nope. Sadly, the mascara does flake, but it does not transfer or smudge on my eyelids. After 9 to 10 hours, I experienced a small amount of smudging underneath my eyes. This mascara came off very easily with makeup remover at the end of the night.


For the first two weeks, the formula does not flake. But after that, it becomes nothing but flakes after only a couple of hours.



Overall, I like the dark and intense look this gave my lashes. The formula is not irritating, did not transfer throughout the day, and I was able to build up the volume without looking spidery or clumpy. My gripe with this mascara is that it is not waterproof and flakes likes no other. Save your money on this one, go for the Too Faced Better Than Sex or the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara if you're looking for bold, dramatic, and voluminous lashes without the clumping or flaking.


LEAVE IT!
3.0/5





Disclaimer: I did receive this product as gratis for working at Ulta, this never affects my opinions or thoughts about the product.

Comments

Beautybydolly said…
Nice, You have shared this article with us. You can visit us for keratin lash lift
and other beauty related services in San Diego.