Review: Lancome Grandiose Mascara


Lancome Grandiose Mascara


Lancome has long been known for their mascaras. I have only tried a couple, their pricey so I choose to spend my money on items that aren't being tossed after only 3 months. But today I have the Grandiose Mascara, which retails for $32 (0.35 oz) and is available in-store and online at Lancome, Sephora, and Ulta.


The $32 price tag is steep, so before you buy, or put it on your Christmas/Birthday List, let me give you my thoughts on the mascara!


Let's get in to the review!



Lancome claims this mascara:


"...patented swan-neck wand is expertly curved to work with the natural contours of the face, allowing you to reach every lash, from corner to corner, root to tip....the creamy, quick-drying formula evenly coats even the smallest lashes. Rose-cell extract fortifies and conditions so lashes stay soft and supple. Deep black pigments make maximum impact, creating lush, full fringe and an intense, wide-eyed look."



The mascara is available in 4 shades; "Noir Mirifique" (Black), "Brun Mirifique" (Brown), "Violet" (Available at Nordstrom), and "Saphir Mirifique" (Bold Blue Available at Sephora and Nordstrom).


I have the shade "Noir Mirifique". 


The packaging. 


The mascara packaging is the most beautiful mascara tube I have ever seen. The bottle features a single black rose encased in glass. Does it remind anyone else of Beauty and the Beast??



Lancome Grandiose Mascara



The brush.


They describe the wand as a "swan-neck". It is a bent brush that looks like the shape of an "S". The actual brush has plastic bristles that taper in and become shorter towards the tip of the brush. The size is not overly large, but I did find it difficult to not get mascara on my eyelids while applying it to my lashes.



Lancome Grandiose Mascara



The formula.


The formula is on the wet side, which does make it more prone to smudging and clumping on my lashes. The mascara does have a slight floral scent, but the scent does not linger once you've applied it to your eyelashes.


It was fairly easy to apply and build up with multiple coats. With two coats, I noticed an increase in lash definition, added curl, and slight volume. However, this did clump some of my lashes together and gave an unfortunate spikey look.


As with all non-waterproof mascaras for me, this one did not hold a curl. As many times as I curled and curled them, my lashes fell flat after several minutes. I used this alone and was able to build it up to increase the dramatic effect, but used on top of other mascaras left my lashes looking clumpy.


Longevity.


Throughout the day, there was no smudging, but I did notice some flaking. Nothing extreme, but for the price of this mascara, I expected perfection.


The overall affect I would say this mascara gives is a, "Darkly Defined Natural Lash". This separates my lashes and gives them a very dark coating of intense black mascara, but be careful about multiple coats because it can get clumpy. Good for definition and curl, but not for length.



Lancome Grandiose Mascara, 2 Coats


Lancome Grandiose Mascara, 2 Coats



It did not irritate or bother my eyes, so if you have sensitive eyes, I think you'll be ok. Despite there being fragrance to the formula.



Overall, I would say, this is a good everyday mascara. It will intensify your lashes, give them definition, but will not lengthen. So if you have already long lashes, but want them darker or want an an intense look, then give this a shot. For those with short stubby lashes, this probably won't be your favorite. If you're looking to give a fancy makeup gift, or are just a huge fan of cute packaging, it's a good mascara, but just know it's not worth the $32 and won't give you the best lashes of your life.


LEAVE IT!
3.75/5




Disclaimer: I did receive this product as gratis for working at Ulta, this never affects my opinions or thoughts about the product.

Comments