Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara


Any product that claims to be "Better Than Sex", already has high expectations.


The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara seems to be everyone's go-to mascara these days. This retails for $23 (0.27 oz) and is available in-store and online at Ulta, Sephora, and the Too Faced Website.


Let's get in to the review!



Too Faced claims this mascara:


"...all your desires for lush, incredibly intense lashes will be fulfilled. One application of this collagen-fueled formula and touch of the specially shaped brush will leave you begging for more. One coat and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and they're reaching unbelievable heights of drama. Three coats and you'll believe in magic."



The packaging.


The mascara comes packaged in a beautiful hefty pink metal tube with the words "Better Than Sex" engraved along the side. Very thought out and fancy packaging.


The brush is an hourglass shape with the longest bristles near the top. The bristles are distributed evenly throughout the wand. Despite my small and hooded eye shape, I didn't have a problem with product getting on my eyelid or below my eyes when applying.



Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara



The formula.


The formula of the mascara is on the wet side. I had to scrape off a lot of product before applying the mascara to my lashes. Otherwise it becomes a clumpy hot mess! There doesn't appear to be any false fibers within the formula. So if you have sensitive eyes, no worries.


I did notice a slight fragrance to the mascara, to me it smells slightly floral.


After curling my lashes, I apply one coat of mascara to my top lashes. Right away I noticed this mascara did hold a curl! Usually with my stubborn lashes, any non-waterproof mascara causes my lashes to fall flat, but I was pleasantly surprised they stay curled and upright all day, very impressed!


With two coats of mascara, the effect is a "Dramatic Voluptuous Lash". It's very dark, dramatic, gives great volume, definition, holds a cold, but does not do much for length. With that much definition and volume, the effect does look slightly clumpy, but not so much where it looks like you have only 5 eyelashes.



Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, 2 Coats



Longevity.


As I previously stated, this mascara held a curl all day. It also does not smudge, flake, or transfer around the eye. However, remember to scrape off the excess or it may flake off throughout the day.


After 9 to 10 hours, I did notice very minor flaking, just a couple small bits of mascara below my eye. Most people would probably not even notice.


If you've seen the new Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara (Full Review HERE), also known as the Better Than Sex doppelgänger, the Stila version flakes like crazy after a couple weeks of use, and it doesn't hold a curl. They have almost identical wands, but the Better Than Sex formula is better.



Overall, this mascara gives amazing volume and definition without looking too clumpy or spidery. If you're one who likes more natural looking lashes, this is not for you. The formula is excellent, no smudging, transferring, or flaking, but you need to wipe off the excess or it can become clumpy and flakey. I think two coats is perfect, three would be too much. Did not irritate my eyes so for those with sensitive eyes, you're good to go. Is it better than sex? Uhhh, my lashes are good but not that good.


NEED IT!
4.5/5 





Disclaimer: I did receive this product as gratis for working at Ulta, this never affects my opinions or thoughts about the product.

Comments