Review: Physicians Formula Argan Wear 2-in-1 Argan Oil & Coconut Water Primer


Physicians Formula Coconut Water Primer


One of the newest products Physicians Formula has launched is their Argan Wear 2-in-1 Argan Oil & Coconut Water Primer. This retails for $14.99 (1.0 oz) and is available in-store and online at Ulta, CVS,  and other retailers where Physicians Formula is carried.


Primer waters seem to be the latest trend in makeup, following suit to the Smashbox Primer Water. Is it worth the $15?


Let's get in to the review!






Physicians Formula claims this is:


"...a light, refreshing and ultra-hydrating blend of 100% pure argan oil and 100% pure organic coconut water providing priming, hydrating and brightening benefits all-in-one! One-hundred percent pure argan oil, known as "liquid gold" for its rich conditioning benefits, helps improve skin's brightness, tone, texture and elasticity. One-hundred percent pure organic coconut water rebalances and rehydrates skin and helps control shine, while providing a natural glow to the face."



This primer water comes packaged in a sturdy glass bottle with a spray nozzle to deposit the product on the face. The nozzle does not emit a fine spray of the primer. The spray can be very patchy and will not distribute the primer evenly across the face.



The formula.


The primer formula is half oil and half water, you'll notice the distinct separation inside the bottle, so be sure shake up the bottle prior to using it. The primer is colorless and is not thick in consistency.



Argan Wear 2-in-1 Argan Oil & Coconut Water Primer



Once the water and the oil are combined, I don't notice that the texture is sticky or tacky. It does feel slightly oily when it's freshly applied to the face, but after it absorbs into the skin, the oily feeling goes away and you're left with a dewy look to the face.


One of the first things you will notice about this primer water is the smell, it has a very strong scent. To me, it smells like hairspray. It's a very noticeable scent and if you're sensitive to fragrance, stay away from this. I wish they would have skipped the perfume all together. However, I have gotten used to the smell so it doesn't bother me anymore, and it doesn't irritate my skin.


But whatever you do, do not get this stuff in your mouth, you'll need mouth wash to get that taste out!



This primer is very versatile. I love using it after applying my skincare as an extra boost of moisture on both makeup and non-makeup days. I do not recommend applying this on top of makeup as it will deposit too much oil to certain areas of the face and it will break up the makeup. 


My skin type is oily, but the dry air of winter has made my skin very dehydrated. I found that by applying this before my makeup, my foundation and concealer apply much easier. So if you do have normal to dry skin, I think you will really love the extra hydration this brings to your skin.


I can see myself using this religiously throughout the winter, but not much during the summer given the high humidity. 


This doesn't help control oil, nor does it improve the texture of my skin. The small amount of product that sprays onto my face isn't enough to really see dramatic skincare results. 



Ingredients:

Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Chloride, Leuconostoc / Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water, Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate, Fragrance.



Overall, I love the extra moisture and hydration this brings to my skin. It helps everything I put on top of it apply easier. I think every skin type, except fragrance sensitive skin types, will benefit from using this under their makeup. It's hydrating, not too oily or sticky, and absorbs quickly into the skin. The only negatives are the strong fragrance (here's hoping they remove that one day), and the spray nozzle, which you can fix by putting the primer into a spray bottle that exerts a fine mist.


NEED IT!
4.0/5





Comments