Review: Acure Facial Cleansing Gel


Acure Facial Cleansing Gel


Recently, I took advantage of the 10% off Acure products at Target and a high dollar off coupon for any Acure product. I highly recommend checking your local Food Co-Op and Health Food Stores for coupons, they're an excellent way to bring down the final price of organic and natural products.


I decided to pick up the Acure Facial Cleansing Gel.  This product is marketed towards combination and oily skin types. This retails for $9.99 (4.0 oz) and is available online at in-store at Target, the Acure Website, and select Health Food Stores.


Let's get in to the review!



Acure Facial Cleansing Gel



Acure claims:

"This gentle antioxidant rich cleanser is hard at work, washing away dirt and oil while removing makeup to leave your skin radiant and refreshed. Won’t strip your skin’s natural acid mantle for superior moisture balance and protection with Echinacea plant stem cells and organic chlorella. Wash away those worries."



This facial cleanser comes packaged in a standard plastic squeeze tube. So far, I've had no problems with the packaging breaking or it dispensing too much product.


The actual gel is clear, but when blended into the skin becomes slightly milky. The consistency isn't sticky or heavy, and I don't feel like it is stripping my skin of it's natural oils.


It does have a slight scent to it. It's not an overpowering scent, I would describe it as slightly sweet.


This does an excellent job removing oil and bacteria that builds up on my skin throughout the day. I would not recommend using as a makeup remover because the consistency wasn't quite thick enough to remove all traces of my face makeup. I've continued using the Vichy 3-in-1 Cleanser to remove my makeup at night.


One of the best aspects I found with this cleanser is that it does not irritate or bother my skin. Many cleansers leave my skin looking red and irritated afterwards, but this cleanser did neither of these things. However, while this didn't dry out my skin, my skin didn't feel hydrated upon using this.


This cleansing gel is geared towards combination and oily skin types. However, I would only recommend this for oily skin types, particularly if you have oily-acne prone skin.


I have noticed a big difference in my skin since using this twice daily. I noticed right away the amount of new breakouts decreased. After solely using oils to cleanse my skin for the past two years, my skin needed something different.


I use this cleansing gel in the morning to remove the excess oil and bacteria from my face, and then at night, after removing my face makeup with a face wipe and a liquid makeup remover.



Ingredients:


Organic Curoxidant™ Superfruit Blend [(Organic Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa Canina (Rosehips), Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Organic Calendula Oficinalis (Calendula), Organic Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile), Fair Trade Organic Aspalanthus Linearis (Rooibos)], Lauryl Glucoside (Vegetable Derived), Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Soap), Organic Olea europaea (Olive Oil), Organic Chlorella Pyrenoidosa (Chlorella Growth Factor), Glucono Delta Lactone (Fermented sugar), Marrubium Vulgare (White Horehound) Stem Cell Culture, Echinacea Stem Cell Culture, Fermented Resveratrol Extract (Probiotic), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Olea Europea (Olive Leaf) Extract, Potassium Sorbate (Food Grade Preservative), Citrus Limon (Lemon) Essential Oil, Citric Acid



Overall.


This cleanser really helps cleanse and remove excess oils and bacteria to keep my skin clear. The ingredients are very clean and free from toxic ingredients, plus it's vegan, cruelty free, and gluten free for those that need it. If you have normal to dry skin, I think this will be too drying for you skin, but if you have oily skin, I think you'll love this! This is a great everyday facial cleanser, but I wouldn't recommend as a makeup remover. I wish the consistency was a little thicker, and the formula to be more hydrating.


NEED IT!
4.5/5





Comments

EphuroaLabs said…
Thanks for informing us.Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10 or ubiquinol ) coq10 is an antioxidant and may prevent cellular damage linked with aging and some diseases.
Anonymous said…
Great article! Thanks for sharing I added some thoughts on face wipe sometime ago