Review: Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation


Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Neutral 1
Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation


Alima Pure recently had their semi annual sale on their Satin Matte Foundation. Instead of purchasing the full size, I took advantage of a free shipping code in order to purchase one of their sample sizes of the Satin Matte Foundation for only $1.75.


The foundation retails for $28 (0.23 oz) and is available on the Alima Pure Website


This foundation is one of the most talked about in the green beauty community, so you know I had to try it out and see how it compares to my liquid foundations and other non-toxic foundations.


Let's get in to the review!



Alima Pure claims this foundation:


"....is designed to provide weightless buildable coverage....From the first application, you’ll notice how easily this natural foundation blends with your skin tone, enhances your complexion, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores. And with 45 shades, there's a match for almost everyone. Try it for precise spot application where you need it most—undereye circles, blemishes, or redness. The result is a smooth matte finish with a subtle glow."



The foundation comes packaged in a plastic compact with a sifter. The size seen here is a sample size without a sifter. The foundation is a loose powder, which is not particularly travel and on-the-go friendly. I prefer a pressed powder.


One of the best aspects of this foundation is the shade selection. There are 45 shades to choose from.


I chose the shade "Neutral 1". This shade is perfect for those of us with porcelain skin but have neutral undertones. However, there are people with fairer skin tones than me, so if you have almost paper white skin, you may have trouble finding a light enough shade.


For reference, skin tone is about a MAC NC 15/20, Urban Decay 1.0, and Estee Lauder 1N1.



Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Neutral 1
Neutral 1
Satin Matte Foundation
Alima Pure


Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Neutral 1
Neutral 1
Satin Matte Foundation
Alima Pure



The formula.


The power was very easy to apply and blend into the skin. However, because there was no sifter with my sample, it was easy to end up with too much powder on one spot. I'd imagine this wouldn't be a problem with the full size.


It did not emphasize any dry patches or acne marks, or settle in fine lines. The powder really does look natural and skin-like on the face. 


I would describe the finish as a natural satin. It is not a flat matte finish nor does it give the skin a dewy finish the way some liquid foundations do. However, if you do have oily skin, I did notice a natural dewy finish appear as my oils came forward.


The power is a solid medium coverage. It is slightly buildable, but I would recommend applying a concealer first to any acne or dark circles. After building up 2 layers of the Satin Matte Foundation on my face, my acne scars were still visible.


I don't feel that this powder helped control my oil throughout the day, however, adding a mattifying powder on top did help. 



Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Neutral 1




Longevity.


The foundation wore well on my oily for 6 to 7 hours before oily started to peak through on my t-zone. 


This did not help pro-long the wear of my liquid foundations when I wore this to on top. I still achieved about 8 to 9 hours of wear before needing to take off my foundation when I paired it with this powder.


I loved that this foundation didn't separate completely from my skin throughout the day like the Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation, so when I did need to touch up with powder, the Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation looked perfect for the rest of the day.



Ingredients:

Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).



Overall.


This foundation has very good staying power, looks natural on the skin while still providing good coverage, and comes in a huge variety of shades. I would highly recommend this foundation for those with normal to oily skin types. Those with dry skin would be better suited for their pressed foundation that has a more hydrating formula. I do wish the coverage was just a tiny bit higher, and if it came in a pressed version. This is an excellent everyday powder with very clean ingredients. Definitely a staple to have in your makeup collection.


NEED IT!
4.25/5





Comments