REVIEW | The All Natural Face "Magic" Vegan Eyeshadow Primer


Eyeshadow Primer


One of the biggest struggles I have with makeup is my eyeshadow creasing. As someone with extremely(!) oily eyelids, powder eyeshadows---no matter the brand---will crease if I do not use a primer beforehand.


I picked up The All Natural Face "Magic" Vegan Eye Shadow Primer hoping to find a replacement for my toxic Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The "Magic" primer retails for $7 (0.43 oz) and is available exclusively on The All Natural Face Website.


The All Natural Face is a completely non-toxic brand that formulates their products without artificial ingredients, and the entire line is Vegan and Cruelty-Free!


Let's get in to the review!




The All Natural Face claims;

Like Urban Decay Potion Primer, MAC Paint, and Two Faced Shadow Insurance? Then you are going to LOVE this! Don't pay more for products loaded with chemicals, when you can get the same thing in a much healthier version.

"Magic" has a doe tip applicator just like Urban Decay's old Potion Primer did. "Magic" is an amazing primer!  Just dab a few dabs of the "Magic" primer on your lids, blend in with your fingertip, and let dry for a second or two. Apply your shadow as you usually do.  "Magic" will give you all day wear and crease protection!  You can also use this an under eye concealer if the tone is complimentary.  




Packaging


The "Magic" Vegan Eyeshadow Primer comes in a plastic tube with a doe foot applicator for easy and hygienic application. The top half of my tube arrived a little beat up, but it did not interfere with the quality of the product.


Definitely travel and storage friendly.



Product


The primer is a liquid formula that is neither runny or too thick and creamy. The color is a fair beige with neutral undertone. The color would best suit those with fair to medium complexions.


It is not sticky and applies best on the eyelid with a finger. The formula blends out easily and does not take long to set.



Performance


The product claims to give all day wear and crease protection. I have oily hooded eyelids---and on me the primer held up without creasing for about 6 hours.


When worn in conjunction with a cream eyeshadow base, the wear was closer to 7 hours. With a traditional eyeshadow primer, I see about 10 to 11 hours of wear before creasing.


I was very disappointed in the wear time of this shadow primer. I have had similar results with high end and traditional eyeshadow primers so these results are not unusual for me. If your skin is more normal or you do not have major problems with creasing, I believe this product would perform better for you.



Ingredients:

purified water, glycerin, mica, oxides, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide(sunscreens), organic jojoba oil, squalane oil,boron nitride(mineral),Ceteareth-6 Olivate (olive based emulsifier), xanthan gum(co-emulsifier), cosmocial cq (preservative) potassium sorbate (food grade preservative)



Overall


The "Magic" Vegan Eyeshadow Primer was anything but magic for me. While the ingredients are very clean and I love that the brand makes their products by hand, the primer did not live up to its all day wear claims....on me. I will continue to use this on days I need 5 to 6 hours of wear, but for day to day use, I will have to continue using my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. If you have normal eyelids and don't usually have a problem with eyeshadow creasing, I would say give this a try.










Comments