REVIEW | Hush + Dotti Organic Liquid Foundation




Finding a liquid foundation on the Green Beauty scene can be a bit of a challenge, particularly those that are Vegan. The Hush + Dotti Organic Liquid Foundation is 90% Organic and is both Cruelty-Free and Vegan. The foundation retails for $48 (1 fl oz) and is available on the Hush + Dotti Website


Hush + Dotti is Cruelty-Free, Vegan, and free of alcohol, GMO's, gluten, lead, lanolin, mineral oil, parabens, petrols, petroleum, phthalates, propylene glycol, silicone, sulfates, sulfites, synthetic fragrance, synthetic colorings, synthetic preservatives, and wheat.


Let's get in to the review!



     Hush + Dotti claims     

“I’d really like my face to look like a mask”, said no one ever. This foundation formula is amazing at giving you clean, healthy looking skin. It’s lightweight, but can easily be built up to full coverage. Your skin will look glowing for good reason; the clean ingredients boost radiance. No parabens, no harsh chemicals and no pore clogging ingredients.



     Packaging     


I purchased two sample sizes, so I do not have the full size packaging to judge. The full size appears to be in a plastic bottle that looks to be perfect for storage and travel.


If you're not ready to make the full size purchase, you can purchase 2 free samples of the foundation here for the $6 cost of shipping.



     Product     


The Liquid Foundation is available in 7 shades. I purchased the two lightest shades; 1.0 "Fair Maiden", and 2.0 "What The Buff". Fair Maiden is a light ivory with cool undertone. Ideal for those with light skin with a cool undertone (MAC NW15). What The Buff is a light beige with neutral-cool undertone. Ideal for those with light to light-medium skin with a neutral to cool undertone. 1.0 is more pink and a teeny bit lighter than 2.0. Both shades are darker than 100% Pure Cosmetics "Creme".


The limited shade range is the one huge downside to this foundation. As a pretty fair snowflake, shade 1.0 was even too dark for me. The foundation oxidizes so be aware of that when choosing your foundation shade. If you think the shade will be too light, it does darken. 


When I am self-tanned, shade 2.0 was a good match, but still a bit light and pink for my complexion. I may pick up 3.0 if I purchase the full size. 3.0 is lightest shade with a warm undertone.


The formula is a liquid formulation with a thin consistency that is very easy to blend onto the skin. There is a heavenly sugary cotton candy-like scent to this foundation, so if you're sensitive to scents, maybe pass on this foundation. The scent dissipates after an hour or two.


The foundation is a natural satin finish with light to light-medium coverage. I disagree with Hush + Dotti that this foundation can be built up to full coverage. It is higher coverage than the Alima Pure Liquid Silk Foundation.



L to R: 1.0, 2.0





Shade 1.0


Shade 2.0


Shade 2.0, Self-Tanned





     Performance     


This foundation is best applied with more dense foundation brush. I preferred the Real Technique Buffing Foundation brush to apply this foundation. 


The formula dries down fairly quickly, so work in parts to blend out the foundation. 


I noticed right away how gorgeous and amazing this foundation made my skin look! It did not leave any texture or build up on my skin, it did not cling to dry patches, acne, or look overly dewy.


The foundation evened out my skin tone but did provide enough coverage to conceal my acne. It does not blur the look of your pores like a dimethicone based foundation.


Unlike many liquid foundations, this foundation did not break down throughout the day! After 5 to 6 hours, this did not settle into my smile lines or breakdown around my nose. And for my oily skin girls, my face did not become an oily mess or look greasy throughout the day!


After 9 hours, the foundation appears to look a little oily and begins to break down. I do set all my foundations with a translucent powder to help combat oil and promote all day wear. 



     Ingredients     


*aloe barbadensis leaf juice, water (aqua), glycerine, *chamomile hydrosol (matricaria recutita), *butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), stearic acid (plant derived), *soybean lecithin,  *oryza sativa (rice) powder, boron nitride, *copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, vegetable squalene, glyceryl polymethacrylate, tocopherol (vitamin e), *origanum vulgare (oregano) leaf extract, *thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract, *olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) Leaf extract, *lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, *hydrastis canadensis (goldenseal) root extract , vanilla planifolia. [+/- may contain]: titanium dioxide (CI 77891) zinc oxide (CI 77947), iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499). (*certified organic).



     Overall     


I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It give that "your skin but better" appearance and lasts well throughout the day. If you like a light to medium coverage look or don't need to cover serious acne or discoloration, you will love the coverage and formula. I hope they expand the shade range to include lighter shades for us fair snowflakes. For my personal preference, I wish it was a bit more buildable. But for my good skin days and my acne is under control, this foundation is perfect. I highly recommend this foundation for all skin types. Just remember when picking shades, this foundation does oxidize.




NEED IT!
4.75/5





Comments

Stanley said…
Thanks ggreat blog post