COMPARISON | Eye Shadow Primer

Eye shadow primer is the key to maintaining your eye makeup during a long day. And if you're like me, who has very oily eyelids, its essential and not optional.

I've tried quite a few different primers.

Let's get started!






elf Essential Eyelid Primer


Only $1, this eyelid primer can be found at Target and eyeslipsface.com. As a primer, it's not bad. It lasted about 6 hours until I noticed creasing. So for a dollar you really can't go wrong trying it out. But there are better ones on the market.

Rating: 3.0/5




NYX HD Eye Shadow Base


The one I use currently retails for $7 at Ulta, some Targets, and nyxcosmetics.com. This primer is the only drugstore eye shadow primer that has worked for more than 7 hours without creasing. However, it does crease after 8 hours on me. I'd recommend giving it a try. Though on initial application you will need to blend it out as it settles in lines right away.

Rating: 4.0/5




Too Faced Shadow Insurance


My holy grail eye shadow primer is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. This retails for $20 at Ulta, Sephora, and toofaced.com. This primer gives me a full 12 hours without creasing. Most of the time I see no creasing at all even when I am taking my makeup off at night. It is pricey, but well worth it.

Rating: 5.0/5





Comments