Review | Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder


Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder


The Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder retails for $3.99 (0.28 oz) and is available at Ulta and Essence.com.


Let's get in to the review!





All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder




This pressed powder by Essence is white in the pan but its transparent on the face. It is marketed as a matte setting powder, very similar to the Rimmel Stay Matte powder but without the color.


As you can see in the pictures below, mine cracked after about 2 months. While I loved that it made my face stay matte for about 5 to 6 hours, it made me break out in the areas I applied it. It is very powdery when you put your brush in it, but it does feel very smooth on the skin.


I used this to set my under eye concealer and it did a great job, my under eye area didn't look dry and it kept my concealer from creasing.


I do recommend giving this product a try if you have oily skin, and need a good matte setting powder. But if you have the choice, I'd go for the Rimmel Stay Matte powder instead. Those with sensitive skin, just be cautious that it could break you out. And be careful about applying too much pressure to pan, it's a delicate powder.


Because it broke me out, I will not be re-purchasing this product.


LEAVE IT!
3.5/5






Comments