My Favorite Drugstore Blushes!


I have long been on the hunt for an inexpensive blush that isn't chalky, applies easily to the skin, doesn't wear off, and most importantly, DOESN'T break me out! I think I have finally found my holy grail blush, and it's                                                                                      ONLY $2.99!

Essence Silky Touch Blushes


The blush I am referring to is the Silky Touch Blushes by Essence. These powder blushes come in a basic cheap clear plastic compact. The packaging sucks, two of my compacts have broken and not because I dropped them. But honestly, that is the only downside to these blushes.


There are currently 4 shades in the range offered online and in-store at Ulta, and 4 shades available online at essence.com. Another small downside is the limited shade selection. Most of the shades are variations of pink. However, a new shade for this fall was just released at Ulta! The shade is "Autumn Peach", in my opinion it looks more like a bright coral than peach.


Unfortunately none of the shades are completely matte, all of them have a sheen. The shade "Babydoll" has a fine glitter, very similar to Nars "Orgasm" but less peachy. "Natural Bueaty" is a nudey brown mauve shade, similar to Tarte's "Exposed". This shade is no longer available in the U.S., sorry! Shade "Sweetheart" is the lightest shade, a light pink with a fine shimmery finish similar to "Babydoll". If you're an NC20 for fairer skintone, this will show up on you, any darker and it wont show up. And the most pigmented of the shades is "Life's A Cherry", a bright hot pink with a very beautiful sheen. It will be amazing on those with medium to darker skin tones.



I find these powder blushes are not too powdery and last about 6-7 hours before I notice any wear. They are quite pigmented so a couple taps of the brush to these blushes is all you need!

The older shades do however contain parabens, the newer shades, or newer formula, seen on the top row, do not contain parabens. So only time will tell if future shades contain parabens or not.

Definitely check these blushes out!!!


Comments