Review | NYX Dark Circle Concealer in "Fair"


NYX Dark Circle Concealer


During Ulta's recent 40% off sale, I picked up the new NYX Dark Circle Concealer in "Fair". Keep in mind, I don't have severely dark under eye circles or bags. Just slight discoloration and fine lines.

This retails for $6 at nyxcosmetics.com and $5.99 in-stores and online at ulta.com. There are 4 shades available in the range, "Fair" being the lightest and the least orange.


Let's get in to the review!










The packaging is a nice twist off top jar. It's best to apply with your fingers, applying it with a brush can make it streaky. The texture is creamy and easy to apply onto the skin. I didn't find the consistency too thick for underneath my eyes.


 Unfortunately, it did settle into my fine lines under my eyes and after blending it out with my fingers the settling would come back. Though out the day I noticed it does emphasize my fine lines. So if you have more prominent fine lines under your eyes, this will not be for you.



I don't know if it's the coloring of my under eye circles or what but this concealer only corrected the green tones but not the blue underneath my eyes. It did brighten up the under eye area quite a bit and was about a medium coverage, not full coverage. It did a little more correcting and concealing than the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in "Brightener".


As a corrector, it did an ok job, it was just light to medium coverage that didn't quite camouflage the under eye darkness . But as an under eye brightener it was a medium full coverage! It definitely made me look more awake.


The picture below is in natural lighting and it washed out my dark circles a little bit but you can still see the difference.







This concealer lasted well for the first few hours but after about 6 hours or so, I felt like I needed to apply a brightening concealer or something to counteract the darkness of my under eye circles. And after 5 or 6 hours it made my fine lines under my eyes look worse.


The color is a light pinky salmon, perfect for those of us with about a MAC NC20/25 or fairer skin tone. This color has the least amount of orange and more of a pink undertone than the rest of the line.







I will say, this concealer does cover more than the Maybelline Age Rewind and it is Paraben-Free! If you have minimal under eye circles then this will probably work for you, however if you have severe under eye circles and prominent fine lines, you won't like this.


If you're in the market for a dark circle concealer and are on a budget or don't have the money spend the on something like the Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer or the Benefit Erase Paste, give it a try, but honestly just save your money and try for the high end versions. And as for a brightener, it is very good, but go for the Maybelline Age Rewind in "Brightener" if you don't mind parabens.


LEAVE IT!
3.25/5




Comments