Review | Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in "Roof Top Party"


Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in "Roof Top Party"


I recently did a comparison post comparing the Sephora Contour Eye Pencils against the Ulta Gel Pencil Liners and decided to to a more in-depth review of the Sephora pencil in the only shade I have, which is 16 "Roof Top Party".

Keep in mind I used this liner as an eye shadow base, not as a lash liner. So it may apply and perform differently in that case.


Let's get in to the review!






These Contour Eye Pencils come in 35 different shades and retail for $10 each in-store and online at Sephora.com. Each pencil comes with 0.04 grams of product.


They are the basic wood pencils that need to be sharpened. The outer packaging is quite sleek in that the majority is black with silver and blue writing and the base of the pencil is the color shade of the pencil, which makes it easier to identify.


The liner claims to have 12 hours of wear and be waterproof. With a primer underneath, this liner lasted about 10 hours before I noticed creasing. Under the lower lash line I noticed the color stayed on very well all day!


Sephora describes this color as gun metal, but I find it to be more of a khaki pewter shade with a metallic shimmery finish. It does lean gray in some light but there is definitely some green to it.







I had no problems applying this to my eyelid as a eye shadow base. There was no tugging or skipping with the liner and the color was very opaque. I didn't notice any transfer to my upper lid either! After about the 9 hour mark did I just start to notice some creasing on my eyelids. Which is typical for me. So the longevity of this liner is very good!


This Sephora liner is extremely similar to the Ulta Gel Eye Liner Pencils and the NYX Slide-on-Glide-on Pencils. The Sephora and NYX liners just have more dimension on the skin and the colors pop a little more.


If you're looking for some unique colors and don't want to spend an insane amount of money on an eyeliner or an eye shadow base, give these a try! They blend easily on the skin without transferring and I experienced no eye irritation. I highly recommend them!


NEED IT!
5.0/5





Comments