Review: Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Correcting Foundation

I recently picked up the Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation, wow, what a mouth full, from Ulta during the 21 Days of Beauty sale. This retails for $33 at laurageller.com, and in-stores and online at ulta.com.. I picked mine up for $20.


Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Correcting Foundation


This powder foundation comes in 4 different shades. I picked up the lightest shade, Porcelain. The product comes in a sturdy black plastic compact and comes with 0.32 ounces of product. A typical size for powders.

The powder is mineral-oil free, paraben-free and contains antioxidants. The powder is marketed as being "the creaminess of a liquid and silkiness of a powder". To which I somewhat I agree. This powder is creamy to the touch and when applied to the skin doesn't leave a powdery look to your skin or make you look cakey. However, it does kick up a little bit of excess powder when you put a brush to it.


Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Correcting Foundation Ingredients


As far as color correcting, I say this powder does an amazing job at evening out my skintone. I have quite a bit of redness to my skin and darker areas from where I have acne scarring, and I must say, this powder does an excellent job covering it up! It looks like I'm wearing a regular full coverage liquid foundation but without the look of added makeup. I do use concealer underneath on acne and scars, otherwise the redness peaks through.

The coverage is a solid medium coverage, not quite full. It doesn't do much for oil control, I find I needed to touch up at around the 4 hour mark and the coverage doesn't break down until about the 8 hour mark, which is quite good for my skin.

Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Correcting Foundation


The shade I have, "Porcelain", is perfect for those of us with very fair skin, about a MAC NC20 or fairer .The color is an off white beige with light pink veining. The finish isn't a flat looking matte, it leaves a natural matte finish to the skin without making your skin look dry.


Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Correcting Foundation in "Porcelain"


If you have oily skin and haven't tried a powder foundation, I highly recommend trying this one out! It hasn't broken me out, it provides very good coverage without the feeling of wearing heavy makeup, or if you don't like wearing a lot of makeup, this will help even out your skintone. If you have very dry skin, I would skip on this, you'll need something with more hydration.


NEED IT!
4.5/5



Comments