October 2014 Beauty Empties!


I've gone through many makeup and beauty products in the last few months so I thought I would give you guys a mini review on each of these products!

Here are my Makeup & Beauty Product Empties for the month of October!



NYX HD Concealer


Often the holy grail drugstore concealer, I found that this concealer emphasized the fine lines underneath my eyes. I used this shade as a facial highlighter on my fair skin, and it looked great. But for under the eyes, it didn't look right. So if you don't have fine lines, maybe this will work for you. This retails for $4.99 at Ulta, Target, and nyxcosmetics.com. Will re-purchase in the "Lavender" shade but only for the face.




Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer in "Brightener"


One of the few under eye brighteners at the drugstore, I really liked this concealer. It helped lessen the look of the darkness underneath my eyes. If you have severe under eye darkness, this may not be enough coverage. The only downside is the packaging and that this has parabens. This retails for around $7.99 at mass retailers. Will not re-purchase. 




Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Barely Branded"


I have a love/hate relationship with the Maybelline Color Tattoos. I loved using this as a base for underneath eyeshadows. My gripe with this is that they become hard and impossible to work with not longer after opening them. These retail for around $6.99 at mass retailers and Ulta.com. Will not re-purchase. 




MAC Eyebrow Pencil in "Spiked"


I love the MAC Eyebrow Pencils. They provide enough color to fill in my brows without looking too harsh or drawn on. The twist up pencil is great so I don't have to sharpen it every time to get a pointy tip. "Spiked" is the perfect color for my black eyebrows to match my dark brown hair. These retail for $16.00 at maccosmetics.com. Will re-purchase.




Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in "Translucent"


I loved this powder for a long time. It was the perfect powder to set my makeup and provide a matte finish to my oily face. But, it is very powdery and looks visible on the face. Unfortunately, it also has parabens. This retails for around $4.99 at mass retailers and ulta. Will not re-purchase. 




Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum 


I purchased this in a kit last year for the holidays. Viva La Juicy is a popular scent among young adults and is a staple for many. I liked this at first but after wearing it for so long, I'm in need of a change. Will not re-purchase.




Katy Perry Meow Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz


Katy Perry's Meow Perfume is a great scent if you like really sweet scents. I absolutely love this scent for every day, however, it doesn't last as long as I would like. If you like scents like "Pink Sugar", you will like this. Will not re-purchase.




Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser + Makeup Remover


I've been on the hunt to find an expensive makeup remover to use before cleansing my skin, and this one is my absolute favorite! It takes off all of my excess makeup on the surface and in my pores. It doesn't irritate my skin and has 86% natural ingredients. Retails for around $6.99 and $7.99 at ulta.com. Will re-purchase. 




Palmer's Shea Moisture Body Lotion


Palmer's Body Lotions are one of the only lotions at the drugstore without parabens, one of the reasons I purchased it in the first place. This Shea Moisture formula has a nice vanilla scent to it and provides moisture for about 24 hours. This retails for around $6.79 at mass retailers. Will re-purchase.




LaVanila Healthy Deodorant in "Pure Vanilla"


I've been on the hunt for an aluminum free deodorant that's not too expensive. The LaVanila deodorants are the only ones I've found that have a good scent and last for more than 3 hours. "Pure Vanilla", despite its name, has a very strong floral scent. These retail for $14 at lavanila.com and sephora.com. Will re-purchase in different scent.




Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo


This shampoo by Shea Moisture is one of my favorite sulfate free shampoos! It gets my hair clean, removes the frizz my hair tends to always attract, and has the most amazing coconut scent ever! This retails for around $10.99 at mass retailers. Will re-purchase.


Comments