Review: Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in "Melted Berry" + Swatches

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick

I recently received the new Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Berry! I did receive this free from working at Ulta. These lipsticks retail for $21 each at Ulta, Sephora, and toofaced.com.


Too Faced describes these lipsticks as "the staying power of a stain, the intense color of a liquid lipstick and the high shine of a gloss".


Too Faced Melted Lipstick in "Melted Berry"


The packaging is a plastic squeeze tube with a gold cap that twists off. The tip is like a fuzzy doe foot applicator where the product squeezes up through. The lipsticks contain 0.4 ounces of product.


Too Faced Melted Lipstick


There are currently 10 shades available. Ranging from a light pinky nude to the darkest shade, a deep berry purple, which I am going to show you here.

"Melted Berry" is as the name would suggest, a deep red berry color. Very similar to colors such as Revlon "Raspberry Bite" and Wet n Wild "Urban Nights". A perfect deep shade for fall and winter. When first applied, the color leaves a shiny glossy finish to lips, but it does wear down with time.

The color is completely opaque with no streaking or bald patches on the lips. The lipstick glides very easy onto the lips. The texture is not sticky what so ever and feels very creamy on the lips. Plus, they're paraben-free and do not break me out!


The lasting power is great with this formula. I found that even after 4 hours the color was still there and hadn't worn off in the center of my lips, but the shine had worn down to an almost matte finish that wasn't drying on the lips.

It will wear off completely after about 8 hours, so it does not stain the lips.




The only gripe I had is that I couldn't get a precise line for my lips with this applicator. I had to be extremely careful not to go outside of my lip line with this dark shade.


If you can get over the not user friendly applicator, definitely give these a shot if you need a lip product that will last throughout the day!


NEED IT!
4.25/5

Comments