Review: Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner

Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner

I recently picked up one of Benefit's newest products, the They're Real Push-Up Liner. This retails for $24 at Ulta, Sephora, Benefit stores, and online at benefitcosmetics.com.

This gel eyeliner pen with innovative technology features a "soft AccuFlex Tip", the market style tip which deposits the gel. The top of the pens twists off and then you twist the bottom to deposit the gel liner.

"AccuFlex Tip"

The packaging is very sleek. the pen is a black tube with adorable quilted pattern on the ends with silver and orange lettering. Very convenient if you need to touch up your liner on-the-go. However, when twisting up the product, I found it deposited too much and would leave excess product in the brush tip.





The liner comes in one color, black. On the skin, the color isn't as intense as other black gel liners I've used, and the patchiness makes the color not 100% opaque. The gel itself claims to be waterproof and smudge proof to which I agree. I had very watery eyes the other day and the wing I created with this liner didn't move. 




Now, the formula of this gel liner is a little hit and miss. As for applying it to my upper lash line, it tugs at my skin and didn't apply an even color or precise line when trying to make a slight winged look. 


However, where I love apply this liner is to my water line! Gel liners are the only formula that stays put in my water all day. Other liners will disappear within 3 to 4 hours of application. This liner applied very smoothly and evenly to my waterline without smudging, skipping, and doesn't irritate my eyes. The color was much more intense and opaque when applied to the waterline. 


Overall, I don't think this is absolutely necessary to have. The gel formula isn't as creamy as I would like, and for gel liner that I can't get a precise clean line with, it's not worth the $24. However, if you're on the go a lot and need to line your waterline, its great! Plus, it's paraben-free


But if you're in the market for a gel liner, go for the traditional pot and eyeliner brush, Maybelline and Wet n Wild both make excellent gel liners that stay put, are creamy, and gives a precise line and both are under $10. 

Save your money, 

LEAVE IT!
3.25/5


Comments