Review: Urban Decay Black Velvet 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil

"Black Velvet"

Urban Decay is probably most known for their eyeshadows and their eye liners. Today I'm going to give you guys my thoughts on the new Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in the shade "Black Velvet". These retail for $20 at urbandecay.com, and in-stores and online at ulta.com.

This new matte formula of their class Glide-On Pencils are available in 6 shades, all dark matte shades from black, brown, to purple.

The pencils are a traditional wood pencil that require sharpening. Each pencil contains 0.04 ounces of product. So a very good amount of product. The pencils are very creamy but I did find this formula didn't apply as easily to my upper lash line as I would have liked.

Applying the liner to my lower lash line, the color was much more intense and applied easier than to the top lash line.




"Black Velvet" is an intense creamy matte black that is 100% opaque even with one swipe. The color didn't skip, and within a minute or two set so the color did not smudge.


"Black Velvet" Swatched


On the lash line I found that this lasted about 7 hours before I noticed it starting to fade and transfer a bit on the very outer corners of my eye. On my water line, it lasted only about 3 to 4 hours before it started to fade. So if you want to use this to line your waterline, I would skip it.

I found it did not irritate my eyes. Also, this eye liner formula is paraben-free! If you want a liner that does it all, this is a pretty good option. It you're having a long work or school day, and you need something that will stay in place and won't smudge all the way down your face, and you love a deep black, invest and get this one!


NEED IT!
4.0/5

Comments