Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette! Swatches + Tutorial


I recently received the new Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette from Ulta. This palette retails for $29 at Ulta, Sephora, Urbandecay.com. Similar to the original Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, the palette features 6 neutral eyeshadow shades with almost all matte finishes.


The shades include:

"Skimp", the only non-matte shade, a satin pale nude with a yellow undertone.
"Stark", a matte nude-pink that is the perfect skin tone shade for blending.
"Frisk", a warm matte gray, deeper and cooler than "Stark"
"Cover", a matte muted red-brown, similar to MAC's "Quarry" in intensity and deepness.
"Primal", a matte muted brown, very cool in tone, almost looks like a khaki brown.
"Undone", a deep matte smokey brown with grey undertones.

The colors overall are cooler than the original Naked Basics Palette. There are several more mid-toned shades than the original as well.

(L to R) "Skimp", "Stark", "Frisk", "Cover", "Primal", "Undone"


I find that most of the shades pick up a lot of product with minimal fall out. However, I did find that the shade "Primal", was a little patchy and difficult to blend. The others I had no problem applying.


The palette is very sturdy and compact. The outside is a shiny beige hard plastic that closes shut and a large mirror, perfect for travel. Each eye shadow is full size at 0.05 ounces per shadow.


Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette



I did a look using the entire palette here in the pictures below.


  • First, I placed "Stark", the light warm beige shade, all over the lid.
  • Then I patted "Cover", the medium brown shade, over the outer third of my eyelid.
  • Then I used "Frisk", the cooler grey brown next to "Stark", to blend out my crease.
  • Then I took "Undone", the darkest shade, and with a pencil brush to define my outer v. 
  • To highlight my inner corner of my eye and the brow bone, I took the lightest shade "Skimp" and packed on the color.
  • I applied "Primal", the second darkest shade, and used a liner brush to apply the color to my lower lash line. 

Here is the finished result!




Comments