Review: Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Veil Spray Foundation

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Veil Spray Foundation


I recently received the Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Veil Spray Foundation from Ulta. This foundation retails for $39 at Ulta and the Pur Minerals Website.


Promising an "air brushed finish", is it worth the $39?


Let's start off with the packaging. The foundation comes in a very sleek metal can with a plastic spray nozzle which deposits the product. Notice in the pictures below, this is butane free.

I have found the best way to apply this foundation is to spray it directly onto a buffing brush and then buff the foundation into the skin. DO NOT spray it directly onto your face or you'll end up with a mess. I would not use a beauty blender or sponge as it will absorb all of the product.


Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Veil Spray Foundation


Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Veil Spray Foundation


Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Veil Spray Foundation


The foundation is available in 4 shades. The lack of shades is a major downside to this foundation. Here, I am using the shade Medium. This shade would best suit those with a MAC NC25 to 35 skin tone.

The shade Light is lighter with more pink undertones. Perfect if you're a MAC NW20. However if you're very fair, I don't think this foundation will have a shade light enough for you.



The texture of this foundation is very smooth, and not too runny. I was able to blend it out very easily onto my face without having any blotchiness or streaks. I will say, that if you have oily skin like I do, you must set this foundation with a powder, or it won't set. If you have normal to dry skin, you should be fine.


The foundation has a natural luminous finish. I would say it has medium coverage, slightly buildable. I still needed to use a concealer to cover up acne spots. I found it very easy to apply concealer on top of this foundation.


The foundation did diminish the look of pores and did not look heavy or cakey.


As far as longevity, I found the natural airbrushed appearance lasted about 6 to 7 hours. After 7 to 8 hours I noticed oil breaking through, the foundation wearing down, and my face started to look like it needed a major touch up.

But, I did not notice any break outs from this foundation.


Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Veil Spray Foundation in Medium



Overall, this foundation is great for someone who only needs it to last 6 to 7 hours, not for all day wear. The finish looks flawless and natural in photographs. However, if you have oily skin, I would pass on this, it breaks down very easily and doesn't last. Dry skin girls, I think it's worth a shot. While the finish is beautiful, the coverage is just ok, and the wear time could be better.


LEAVE IT!
3.5/5

Comments