Review: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in "Jilted"

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in "Jilted"


The Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks are some of my absolute favorite lipstick formulations. These lipsticks retail for $22 (0.09 oz) in-store and online at Ulta, Sephora, and the Urban Decay Website.


There are 20 shades available in this line, and with so many high end and drugstore lipsticks available, how does this shade measure up?


Let's get in to the review!



*Note, this lipstick is a deluxe sample size, not full size


Jilted, is a deep fuchsia with a blue shimmer shift. The color is more purple than pink and the blue shift is subtle. A perfect color for Fall and Winter!


The shade has a natural high shine finish when first applied to the lips, the shine dies down after the first two hours. The blue shift becomes more apparent when the shine dies down.


Jilted


Jilted



The formula of this lipstick is very creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply. I wish the formula was actually slightly drier, I was constantly worrying the color would bleed outside the lip line.


In terms of longevity, the color lasted evenly onto the lips for about 5 hours. After 6 hours, the lipstick starts to fade on the center of the lips. The color will transfer while eating or drinking, cutting down on wear time.


While I am not absolutely in love with the color, I'm not a fan of metallic shifts, this color did not bleed outside my lip line or dry out my lips. Sadly, I found that the blue-purple shift in this color brought out the slightest tint of yellow in my teeth. Something to be cautious of if your teeth are pearly white.


Overall, the lipstick has good lasting power and excellent pigmentation! If you're looking for something unique for the fall or winter, rather than the typical dark berry, pick this up! If you need it to wear all day, I recommend lining and filling in your lips with a lip liner first.


NEED IT!
4.0/5

Comments