Review: Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in "Fig/Date" + SWATCHES

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in "Fig/Date"


On my most recent trip to Sephora, I finally purchased my first lipsticks from Bite Beauty! I picked up the Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in "Fig/Date", one of two deluxe sample size duos available in-store and online at Sephora for $12 (2x 0.05 oz).


Bite Beauty makes their lipsticks without added fragrances, are paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free, and are made with food-grade ingredients so the lipsticks are good enough to eat! Great for those of us looking for non-toxic lipsticks!


So how does the Luminous Creme Lipsticks compare to traditional drugstore and high end lipsticks?


Let's get in to the review!


The lipstick duo comes in a very sleek dark grey lipstick tube. The ends snap on tight, so no worrying about the ends coming off if you throw it into your pocket or your purse.


They do not have any added fragrance or smell, which is great! I find that many lipsticks have either a floral or minty smell that not everyone cares for.


The lipstick formula itself is very creamy. I would say it's very comparable to the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks, both have a natural shine finish and a creamy texture that leaves the lips looking healthy. On the drugstore side of lipsticks, it reminded me of the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks, but less thick in texture and less opaque in color.


Both lipsticks have a soft, creamy, and easy to glide on texture. You do have to build up the color with a few swipes. But I did not find that building up the color of either shade left any streaks or patchiness. The color is a solid medium coverage, not opaque but not sheer either.



"Fig" is a light neutral pink, perfect for everyday and for all skin tones. The color reminds me of Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Speak Your Mind", full review HERE.


"Date" is a light nude pinky brown. I think this will suit most fair to light skin tones. It may appear too light and ashy on medium to deep skin tones. It reminds me of Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in "Airy Fairy".



Fig
Luminous Creme Lipstick

Bite Beauty


Date
Luminous Creme Lipstick

Bite Beauty



In terms of wear time, I found that on there own, without a lip liner underneath, these lipsticks wore for about 2 to 3 hours before fading in the center of the lips and needing a touch up. As lighter shades tend to have shorter wear times, I would imagine the darker shades of this formula have better wear time.


With a lip liner underneath, I used It Cosmetics' YLBB in "Pretty in Pink", I found that both lipsticks wore well for about 4 hours before the color started to wear down and needed a touch up. I noticed the color faded significantly towards the center of my lips and left a noticeable ring around my lips.


I do feel that these lipsticks are very hydrating, so if you have dry or more mature lips, I think you will enjoy this formula. They also do not emphasize or sink into fine lines on the lips.


A full size Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick retails for $24 at Sephora. so $12 for a decent size sample of two is a great value.


Overall, while I love the non-toxity formulation of these lipsticks, the shortness of wear time and the need to build up the color makes this formula from Bite Beauty not a must-have for me. If you're in the market for a non toxic lipstick, I would say try this over the Tarte lipsticks, they have more color and longer staying power. If you need a long wearing lip product, wear a lip liner underneath or trying out their Matte Creme Lip Crayon (Full Review Coming).


LEAVE IT!
3.5/5

Comments