August Beauty Favorites


August Beauty Favorites


Well, the Summer is officially over, but that means Halloween, wearing boots and jackets, and of course rocking a dark lip is back in style! I've already been wearing some Fall inspired looks, I can't help it, when drops below 60 degrees, my mind screams, FALL!


So here are some things I've been loving this past month, some things I have had for a while, others are new. 


Let's get right in to my August Favorites!





Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

$13.99 (0.3 oz)
Ulta, Walmart, Target, Drugstores


I have had this powder sitting in my drawers for months. I finally pulled it out in the hopes of finding a good medium to full coverage powder foundation that doesn't just fade off throughout the day. Well, I've found that powder! This mineral face powder by Physicians Formula is formulated so it won't cause acne, it does not emphasize my pores, it lasts all day when used with a primer, and it looks flawless but natural on the skin. I am in the shade "Translucent", the lightest shade. 


I have been using this all month in conjunction with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Complete Coverage Concealer to cover my acne spots and under my eyes, and I have been loving how natural it looks on my skin but still has almost full coverage! Definitely give this a try if you have normal to oily skin and have been wanting to try out a powder foundation. 


Note, the ingredients on the old formulation do contain parabens, so just be sure to read the box to be sure you have the new formula. 



Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Powder





Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in "Brandy"

$24 (0.05 oz)


I have been raving this past month about how much I love the Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayons. They're highly pigmented, creamy, and long-wearing! Plus, they're 96% natural and contain food grade ingredients. What more can a person ask for? 


I absolutely love the shade "Brandy" for the Fall. It's the perfect dark red berry color that goes amazing with gold eyeshadow and will flatter anyone. If you get one of these lip crayons, and you love darker lipsticks, get this one!


Check out my full review HERE.



Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in "Brandy"


Brandy
Matte Creme Lip Crayon
Bite Beauty





Dr. Bronner's Magic "All-One" Naked Organic Lip Balm

$2.99 (0.15 oz)
Health Food Stores, Dr. Bronner's Website


Keeping with the non-toxic and natural theme, I've been on the hunt for months to find a lip balm without alcohols, dyes, or synthetic fragrances that will actually hydrate my lips. I finally found one that fits the bill at my local Food Co-Op! 


The Dr. Bronner's Organic Lip Balm is creamy, not waxy like the Burt's Bees lip balms, and only contains 5 ingredients! Four of which are certified organic! So instead of spending $12 at your local Target and mainstream drugstore for an organic lip balm, dry out the Dr. Bronner's options if you get a chance. For the price, why not give them a shot? They're creamy, keep your lips feeling hydrated and creamy, and not waxy. 


I use this every morning before applying my lipstick, and every night to ensure my lips are hydrated the next day! The only downside is that it does not contain SPF.



Dr. Bronner's Naked Organic Lip Balm





Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in "Portofino"

$24-$28.50 (0.06 oz)


Highlighting seems to be the new contouring, which is ok with me! I love all highlighters, and I like them sparkly and dramatic! The "Portofino" Baked Highlighter from Laura Geller is the perfect golden-beige champagne color highlight for those of us with fair skin.


I know their Baked Gelato Highlighters have been getting a lot of hype lately, however, they're too dark for my fair complexion. I love this highlighter for adding that pop of metallic shine and spark on the tops of my cheekbones and down my nose. It does take a couple layers to build up the color, but it's worth it! The texture is soft and the color would suit fair and light skin complexions that sometimes have a hard time finding highlighters light enough.


 The only downside is availability. The duo with "French Vanilla" is available at Ulta. The highlighter is only sold separately on the Laura Geller Website. 



Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in "Portofino"


Portofino
Baked Highlighter

Laura Geller





MAC Pressed Eyeshadow in "Woodwinked"

$16 (0.04 oz)
MAC Website, MAC Counters


For the longest time, I regretted owning this MAC eyeshadow. It was a "Youtube Made Me Buy" purchase. I didn't get the hype and I didn't think it looked all that pretty. That is so not the case anymore!


"Woodwinked" is a warm antiqued gold, not a yellow gold, not a bronze, sort of the in-between. As per Emily Noel's advice, I have used this color as a one shadow look all month!


When patted all-over the lid, its a nice dark antique look brown gold, but when you blend the color up to the crease, the warm red tones of the gold come out and it looks amazing! It really helps bring out the green color in my eyes and make them pop! Everyone was right, it really is one of MAC's best eyeshadows. This color will suit every skin tone and every eye shape.



MAC Pressed Eyeshadow in "Woodwinked"


Woodwinked
Pressed Eyeshadow

MAC




I hope you guys had an amazing Summer, and are ready for Fall!

What are some things you guys have been loving and think I should try out!





Comments