Review: Pacifica Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream


Pacifica Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream


I have been on the hunt for a new foundation that is less toxic and better for my body. One of the most readily available less toxic brands is Pacifica. They gear themselves towards affordable, natural, and cruelty free skincare and cosmetics.


The Pacifica Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream retails for $16 (1 fl oz) and is available at Ulta, Target, and the Pacifica Website.


Let's get in to the review!



Pacifica claims this BB Cream is:


"a light as a feather, silicone-free multitasking miracle that hydrates, primes, illuminates, and perfects, leaving a sheer, bare skin finish.... your skin will look natural, dewy, youthful and radiant without looking like you are wearing heavy makeup."



The Pacifica Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream comes in one universal shade, Beige Nude. The color is a neutral beige tone that adjusts to your skin tone.


I was worried being that I am so fair that this shade would be too dark. The color did adjust to my skin tone and didn't look dark or too orange. Anyone from fair to medium skin tones could wear this shade. If you have porcelain white skin or deep skin tones, this may not work for you.


The texture


It feels like a creamy moisturizer but has that skin tone tint to it. It does not feel sticky, greasy, or thick. I found this was very easy to blend into the skin with my fingers, and went on ok with a brush. I would definitely recommend applying this with your fingers over a brush. 


I agree with Pacifica about the lightweight and feather like texture of the formula. It feels like you're wearing nothing on your face. Because it is silicone-free, it doesn't sit on the skin and it feels comfortable to wear. It does remain tacky on the skin, so it does need to be set with a powder.


The finish.


The finish is naturally dewy. It won't leave your face looking like disco ball, oily, or overly shiny, but it does leave your face looking just naturally healthy and glowy. I received many compliments about how healthy and dewy my skin looked when I used this in my routine. 


The coverage.


The coverage claims to be sheer but able to built up to a light coverage. This is what I hate about this BB Cream. The coverage was very sheer, no real coverage in terms of hiding blemishes or spots. However, it did a good job evening out my skin tone. When I tried to build up the coverage to cover up some redness, it did nothing. The result was just more product and texture built up on my face.


This BB Cream did leave my skin feel hydrated, smooth, and healthy with a slight glow. 


The way I loved to use this was with a concealer underneath to hide acne and redness, and topped with a powder foundation. With this combination, I was able to achieve medium to full coverage. 


Longevity.


When used with a primer, I found that this BB lasted for about 7 to 8 hours before starting to wear down. My preferred method, using a primer underneath and topped with a powder (Physicians Formula Mineral Pressed Powder), it lasted for about 9 to 10 hours before starting to break down. 


On it's own, the lasting power is not impressive, only about 5 to 6 hours, so it needs some help if you're going to wear it all day. 



This does have a slight scent. It reminds me of a floral sunscreen. Also, this did not break me out. 


The pictures below don't do this product justice, the color does not appear as yellow in-person.


L: No Makeup, R: One Layer of Pacifica BB Cream



Overall, this BB Cream lacks the coverage that most people are looking for, but what it lacks in coverage, it makes up for by giving the skin a natural, healthy, and slightly dewy appearance. For those looking for just a natural coverage, nothing to hide or conceal, you'll like this. If you need a product with medium to build-able coverage, skip it. If you're a girl with already great skin, you'll really love the glow this will give your skin, everyone else, it's a pass.


LEAVE IT
2.75/5





Comments