Review: Jane Iredale Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner


Jane Iredale Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner


One of my first purchases from the Citrine Natural Beauty Bar was the Jane Iredale Jelly Gel Eyeliner. This retails for $28 (0.1 oz) and is available in-store and online at the Citrine Natural Beauty Bar, Nordstrom, and the Jane Iredale Website.


There are many high end and drugstore gel eyeliners on the market, and $28 to me is on the pricier side, so is it worth it?


Let's get in to the review!




Jane Iredale claims this liner is:


"Soft and creamy....glides on smoothly for a defined or smudgeable line then sets to stay just where you want it....Highly pigmented....provides inky, saturated color....Water resistant and long lasting."



This gel liner is available in 5 shades. Here I have the shade "Black". The color is your standard flat intense black. It is a very deep and dark black, it is definitely not a black that leans gray or faded. There is no sparkle or glitter. I wouldn't say the color is matte, it has a subtle sheen. 



Jane Iredale Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in "Black"
Black
Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner

Jane Iredale



The liners come in a glass open mouth jar with a twist off lid. Very nice and fancy looking packaging, not too heavy or bulky, so I'd have no problem traveling with this.


The formula is very creamy. I can achieve an opaque line of color with just one swipe into the product. The color is completely opaque without any skips, patchiness, or uneven pigmentation.


A little bit goes a long way, so just pick up the tiniest bit of product. I found that the best way to apply this product was with a flat angled brush. 


However, in terms of staying power, this product is definitely not "long lasting", nor will it "stay just where you want it". 


Now, let me just say, I have very oily eye lids, so this may not happen to everyone. But for me, when I applied this to my upper lash line, it transferred to my eyelids within the first couple of hours. And when I applied this to my upper water line, it transferred to my lower water line unevenly and looked messy. When I applied this to my lower water line, it transferred to the outside corner of my eyes and underneath my eyes after about 4 to 5 hours. It looked terrible.



Ingredients:

Isododecane, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate. [+/- (May Contain) Iron Oxides (Ci 77489, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Mica



Overall, while this gel eyeliner is highly pigmented, easy to apply, and isn't patchy, the lasting power is terrible, and it's too creamy to stay in place or not smudge and transfer around the eye. If you have dry eyelids, this may work for you. In terms of staying power, I much prefer the It Cosmetics Liner Love Waterproof Anti-Aging Creme Gel Eye Liner, it stays place all day in my water line and doesn't transfer.


LEAVE IT!
2.75/5





Comments