Review: Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation


Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation


I finally picked up one of the most talked about organic foundations, the Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation. This retails for $68 (0.123 oz) and $40 for the refill, and is available on the Kjaer Weis Website, Citrine Natural Beauty Bar, and Beautylish.


It is definitely the priciest foundation I have ever purchased, so before you make the small investment, let me tell you my thoughts on this product.


Let's get in to the review!



Kjaer Weis claims this foundation:


"Creamy, blendable, weightless texture with a semi-matte finish....Formulated with moisturizing and age-defying ingredients such as Sweet Almond Seed, Coco, and Jojoba oils....Can be applied by hand or with the Kjaer Weis Foundation Brush."


"Produced in Italy...CCPB Certified Organic...NO artificial ingredients, such as petroleum, parabens, artificial coloring and fragrance, petrochemical emulsifiers....NOT tested on animals...Gluten FREE...This product is not vegan"




This foundation is stiff cream formula. There are 9 shades available. I am the lightest shade, "Lightness". This color is a very pale ivory with neutral undertones. Ideal for those of us with porcelain skin tones but don't have a pink undertone. However, if you do have fair skin and a pink undertone, I think this shade will also work just fine.


The shade works perfectly for me, which is hard to find with organic foundations. Most foundation shades are still 1 to 2 shades too dark. So if you have fair skin, there is a color match for you! And, the color did not oxidize or become darker throughout the day.


For reference, I am 1N1 in Estee Lauder, NC15/20 in MAC, and 1.0 in Urban Decay Foundations.



Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in "Lightness"
Lightness
Cream Foundation

Kjaer Weis


Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in "Lightness"
Lightness
Cream Foundation

Kjaer Weis



When purchasing the foundation, you have two options. You can purchase it with the compact for $68 or you can purchase just the refill, which retails for $40 (0.123 oz). Kjaer Weis makes it very easy, you purchase the compact once, and then just purchase the refills when you run out. The compacts fit their cream foundation, highlighter, bronzer, and blushes. 


I purchased the refill. Any compact will hold the refill, so I just used a spare Elf Compact and it works perfectly.



The formula.


The formula, as I stated, is a stiff cream. But it is creamy and blends in easily when applied with a brush. I would describe the finish as naturally dewy. I've received many compliments on how dewy my skin looks when I wear this without a power on top.


The foundation is a solid medium coverage. You can apply less product for a more light coverage, or apply a second layer and achieve a more full coverage. However, when you apply more product, texture builds up on the skin and it looks slightly cakey, so I say less is more with this foundation.


It does take longer to apply this to the face than a traditional liquid foundation, so be patient. I found the best way to apply this is is with a buffing foundation brush. 


I highly recommend properly moisturizing your skin prior to application, it makes the foundation easier to blend and prevent it from clinging to dry patches. If you do have very dry skin with obvious dry patches, this will cling to them, so that is something to be aware of.



Longevity.


Let me start off by saying, I have very oily skin. It is winter when I write this, so my skin is oily with some minor dry patches.


I have been consistently applying this without a primer, with and without powder, to truly see how long this lasts on my skin and still looks good.


On it's own, no powder or primer, the foundation looks good for 4 hours before the oil on my t-zone becomes really obvious. Then after about 6 hours the foundation starts to break up around my chin and the texture starts to look gross. After about 7 to 8 hours, it looks rough. My face looks extremely oily, the foundation has worn down around my nose and my chin, and my uneven texture on my face is very obvious. It's unflattering so say the least.


However, because I have an oily skin type, and I do prefer to set everything with a powder, it performs differently when I set it with a powder foundation.


Set with a powder, the foundation looks good for 6 hours before oil starts to peak through on my t-zone. After 7 to 8 hours, I started to look very oily and I need to blot off the excess oil, but the foundation was still in place. Then after 9 hours, the foundation started to break down in my t-zone and was ready to be removed.


If you have oily skin, you will need to touch up once or twice throughout the day, if you have normal to dry skin, you should have no problem with it throughout the day.



Be aware, this product will transfer. It never really "set" on my skin. It does gradually settle into fine lines and wrinkles throughout the day.


If you know your skin reacts to coconut, do not wear this foundation. On my skin, which is very acne prone, I did not see any additional breakouts.



Ingredients:

Mica, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Oil•, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil•, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch•, Cera Alba (Beeswax)•, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax•, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil•, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil•, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Talc, Gallic Acid. May Contain +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides)
• organically grown



Overall, I love the naturally dewy finish this gives my skin, while still providing medium buildable coverage to conceal any acne, redness, or discoloration. Due to the creaminess of the product, this is ideal for those with normal to dry skin types. For those with oily skin types, you will certainly need to set it with a powder, and blot excess oil off throughout the day. The texture isn't flawless looking on the skin, so if you have uneven texture or obvious pores, I'd steer clear of this one. If you're looking for an organic dewy finish foundation, and you have normal to dry skin, I think you will really enjoy this foundation.


NEED IT!
4.0/5





Comments