REVIEW | Ulta Beauty Matte Eye Primer


Ulta Matte Eye Primer


On my hunt for an eye primer that is Vegan and is formulated with clean ingredients, I found the Ulta Beauty Matte Eye Primer. This conventional eye primer is free of parabens, fragrance, and sulfates! Available at Ulta Beauty ($12, 0.3 oz). 


Ulta Beauty is Cruelty-Free and the eye primer is Vegan.


Let's get into the review!




     Ulta Beauty Claims     


Ulta's Matte Eye Primer is a must have product for a crease free look that lasts all day! Use this exclusive eye primer under eyeshadow to prolong wear and eliminate creasing. Can be used with virtually any eyeshadow formula - powder, gel, mousse, loose pigment, you name it! 

Long wear, budge proof formula 
Crease proof with translucent flesh color shade that does not effect color of your eyeshadow 
Paraben free, oil free, fragrance free, and sulfate free, vegan




    Packaging     


The eye primer is packaged in a brown plastic squeeze tube. The product is dispensed through a small hole at the end of the tube. I have to say, I find that getting the product out of the tube is a little difficult.


The plastic is more dense and tough than say the Too Faced Shadow Insurance or LORAC Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer, which makes it hard to squeeze out the product.


I find myself squeezing the tube pretty hard to get the product to come out. That being said, this packaging is terrific for storage and travel.




     Product     


The actual product is a cream formula that is a light beige with cool undertone and matte finish. This color would be great for those with fair to medium skin tones if you need a color that is similar to your skin tone.


If you have a dark to deep skin tone, you can still wear this, just be aware that it will be lighter than your skin tone and may appear ashy on your eyelids.


There is no obvious scent or smell. I did not find this formula to be irritating to my eye area.



Matte Eye Primer





     Performance     


I applied a pin sized amount of the product to each eye lid and blended it out with my finger for the best and most even application.


The product does dry fairly quickly, so be sure to work fast or it becomes difficult to blend out.


When I applied powder eyeshadow on top of the eye primer, I did not notice any difficulty blending or layering the eyeshadows. They did not appear patchy or flakey.


My eyeshadows started to crease around the 8 and a half hour mark. Keep in mind that I do have very oily and hooded eyelids, so the wear time will be better for those that do not have oily eyelids.


The wear time wasn't the worst I have experienced, but not as long lasting as the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.




     Ingredients     


Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Synthetic Beeswax, Cyclohexasiloxane, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)




     Overall     


The matte finish of this eye primer makes this product very versatile, which I love. While this product did an ok job at preventing my eyeshadows from fading and creasing, the wear time was not quite long enough for day-to-day wear for me. But if you have normal eyelids, not too oily or dry, then I think this would be a great option for increasing your eye shadows pigmentation and wear time. For a conventional eye primer, the ingredients are pretty good! Plus it's Cruelty-Free and Vegan!




★★★★☆ | NEED IT





Comments