Drugstore Lipsticks: Maybelline vs. Revlon

I finally purchased my first Maybelline lipstick over the past weekend. When swatching it, I found I had two Revlon lipsticks that was almost the exact same color so I want to compare the three and give my opinion about the formulas.

The Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks have a smoother texture than the Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks. It was an easier application and less patchy than the Revlon as well, and are very opaque. They have a good color range, from nudes, reds, pinks, to plums. These Maybelline lipsticks retail around $5 to $8 depending on the store.

The Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks formula is a little dry for my taste, but does last 3 to 4 hours before needing to reapply. I don't like the way these look on my lips, they look cakey and just very dry. These Revlon lipsticks retail around $5 to $8 depending on the store.

The Revlon Super Lustrous Shine lipsticks have a smoother texture than the original, but are much more sheer, which I don't mind. The color selection is limited, as these are new, but they offer a good range. These Revlon lipsticks retail around $5 to $8 depending on the store.

Overall, my favorite from these two brands, Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks are the best. They have an amazingly smooth texture, are very pigmented, and don't leave the lips looking dehydrated or dry.

Comments