Review: Milani Color Statement Lipstick in "Nude Creme" + Comparison

I finally made it to a Kmart that sells Milani this past weekend and I was beyonddddd excited! One of the products I was most excited to try are the Color Statement Lipsticks.

These lipsticks retail for $5.49 at mass retailers where Milani is sold, including Walgreens, CVS, Kmart, and of course online at milanicosmetics.com.

Milani Color Statement Lipstick


I picked up the shade 26 "Nude Creme". As the name suggests, this shade is a light pinky nude shade. Those of us with fair skin will find this suites us very well as an everyday color. It is a cream finish. It gives that natural shine to the lips that looks so beautiful, however the color isn't quite 100% opaque. I find this finish extremely similar to the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks (Full Review HERE).





The wear of the formula was quite good. I got about 3 hours of wear before the shine and intensity wore down and was in need of reapplying. I did notice that on reapplication the formula got a little thick and wasn't as flawless looking as on the first application. The color was a little streaky and does emphasize any dryness on the lips.




Here is a swatch comparison of Milani "Nude Creme" to a few other nude lipsticks I own. As you can see they're all just a little different. The most similar to "Nude Creme" would probably be Lancome "Love It", which is just a little more pink and a little bit lighter. The finishes are very similar, both are very creamy and leave a natural shine to the lips.



Overall, this shade is just ok. It's not my favorite nude shade from the drugstore. But these Milani lipsticks are quite good for the price! They're very creamy, there is a wide color selection, they're paraben-free, and best of all, they don't cause me to break out!

Give the darker shades or the other finishes a try if you're in the market for some new drugstore lipsticks, I would skip this shade.


LEAVE IT!
3.50/5

Comments