DIY Charcoal Mask


I love making my own skin care, and recently I've wanted to get back into trying facial masks!

I've heard amazing things about charcoal and its properties that remove grime and bacteria from your pores. So, being the sensitive skin acne prone girl I am, I figured I would give a DIY charcoal mask a shot!

And it costs less than $5!!



What you'll need for this project:


  • Charcoal powder( I used CharcoCaps Charcoal Dietary Supplements, $4.44)
  • Aloe Vera Gel
  • Water
  • Tea Tree Oil (OPTIONAL)
  • Container



Step 1:
Find a small container to put the mask in.

Step 2: 
Measure out equal parts of the charcoal power, Aloe Vera gel, and water. For this recipe, I used 1 teaspoon of each. If using the CharcoCaps, 1 teaspoon equals 4 capsules. Be careful separating the CharcoCaps, the powder can be messy.

Step 3: 
Mix together the Aloe Vera, water, and charcoal powder inside your container. If you choose to add in tea trea oil, now is the time, just a couple drops is all you need.

Step 4:
Spread a layer of your charcoal mask onto a freshly clean face.

Step 5:
Leave the mask on for about 15 minutes until the mask hardens. (It won't be hard to the touch.)

Step 6: 
Remove the mask with a washcloth and hot water to ensure all the charcoal is removed from your pores.

DIY Charcoal Mask


*This 1 teaspoon of charcoal recipe makes about 7 masks.


Let me know if you guys try this or if you've tried any charcoal masks and what you think of them!

Comments