Review: OPI Nail Polish in "My Vampire Is Buff"

OPI "My Vampire Is Buff"


I recently got a great deal on OPI's "My Vampire Is Buff" from a local salon, one bottle for $3. Check out my post on how to get this deal HERE. Each bottle of OPI Nail Polish is the standard 0.5 oz glass bottle. This shade and other OPI polishes retail for about $9 at Ulta, Walmart, and other mass retailers. 


But how does this shade perform??


"My Vampire Is Buff" is a light cream nude with a yellow undertone. I think this shade would flatter most skin tones, however if you have a dark skin tone, I don't think this color would flatter your skin tone. 


3 Coats
"My Vampire Is Buff"
OPI

3 Coats
"My Vampire Is Buff"
OPI




Let's talk about the formula. I needed 3 coats to reach total opacity with this shade. Not impressed. The formula was very thin and streaky when I applied it onto my nails. However, once it dried it looked smooth and shiny on the nails. 


As far as longevity, it wasn't very good. I painted my nails Tuesday night and by Saturday I had noticed a chip on one nail and wearing on several others. I got a solid 4 days wear with this shade. Keep in mind this is with a base and top coat. 


If you have the OPI shade "Did You Ear' About Van Gogh?", these two are quite similar. Both are a cool toned beige shade. "Did You Ear' About Van Gogh?" is cooler and has more grey tones. Read my full review HERE. If you have one, you don't need both.


Overall, I would pass on this shade. The thin formula and the poor longevity, it's not worth the hassle. Check out the Rimmel 60 Seconds Polish in "Caramel Cupcake", full review HERE, or one of the Revlon Nail Enamel polishes over this one. 


LEAVE IT!
3.0/5

Comments