Best Primer for Oily Skin!




Hands down, I have the oiliest skin ever. I've tried both high end and drugstore primers to control the oil on my face. Here's my run down of a few that I have tried and my favorite of the bunch.


Let's get started!







Lancome La Base Pro


This primer didn't do anything to control oil  throughout the day,. It did make foundation application easier, but not worth the $42 price tag.




Palladio Herbal Primer


The Palladio Herbal Primer kept the shine away for only 3 to 4 hours. Wasn't impressed.




Benefit Porefessional


The Benefit Porefessional works well, but not for controlling oil. The primer did make my makeup stay on longer and did minimize the look of enlarged pores.




Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray


This Setting Spray was just ok. It was useful for taking down the powder look after I finished my makeup routine, but I saw no difference in oil control whether I used it or not.




Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel


The only one I will continue to use is the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel.


Though technically not a primer, it does the same thing. My face stays perfectly matte for about 6 hours with this, along with a matte foundation and setting powder. For me, that's incredible! It does have a silicone feel to it, so if you don't like that feel, I wouldn't recommend this. If you have large pores this would also work well as a primer. I also use this on days when I'm not wearing makeup, just to keep the excess oil at bay. This retails for about $6 at Target, Walmart, and most drugstores.


You can buy it for around $4 if you check out Monistat's website and print off their $2 off coupon, HERE.





Comments